iPhone 7 Plus/Apple Watch 2 Equivalent Setup

Appaloon

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone...I have flip-flopped back and forth between iOS and Android repeatedly, but have been on iOS since the 6 was released.
I bought the Galaxy S8 Plus and Gear 3. Previously I had been using the iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch 2 for some time. I've had the S8+ for less than a week, but I think it's definitely the best Android phone I've ever used. I'm looking for a comparable setup to the 7 Plus/Watch 2 combination, but so far I haven't found anything. I work out/lift weights and I also swim some. I love being able to track my workouts and calories burned in the pool with the watch and leave my phone in the locker or car.
Does anyone know of an Android Wear smartwatch that is waterproof and can be used without being connected to the phone to log sets and reps while working out? The only watch app for lifting weights that I've found for the Gear 3 is the one from Samsung and you have to pay a monthly fee to use that one. I was told before buying the Gear 3 that it could be used for swimming, but have since learned online that is incorrect. I don't want to run back to Apple with my tail between my legs yet again so if anyone has any suggestions they would be much appreciated.