Galaxy S8 red tint fix is now rolling out to T-Mobile customers.

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: New software update (May 5th) for edge color adjustment

I received 141MB update on TMobile this AM. Includes new color adjustments but security patch level remains April 1, 2017.
Just installed the update with my buddies...
4178beb7a80be764617c5506d557c28a.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You guys that have had the update.

Does your colour settings now show differently instead of just the x3 colour sliders.
This is how it looks after the update

PS: I have manually kept the red at minimum. Update had not changed any of the RGB color values they all were at max like before.

0aea59180fb7a0b65fab3492055918b8.jpg

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So before the update and the red slide all the way left, it was still red/pink? After did it widen the range to now completely eliminate any pink?

No I didn't have any pink or may be my eyes can't see it. I was just playing around with the various sliders to see what setting I like.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
One thing I've noticed is if your screen has any pink tint it is primarily when you are looking at a white system screen. Once an app opens it
changes the look of the whites. Is that because the apps overlay the system screen?

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have received the notification but have not yet updated. My display is actually fine and I have checked it against​several other at different stores.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I installed the update this morning. I didn't have the red or pink tint to begin with but since the update My Bixby button has worked every time. Before it was hit or miss.

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, I planned on picking up the S8+ next week from Sprint. I'm glad I came across this thread though. I guess I'm torn because I don't know if I want to just wait for stuff to get smoothed out, like this red tint issue (and not to mention the random reboots) or just go ahead and go for it? I'd of course make sure to check the device for the red tint thing before leaving the store. Idk, hopefully this update hits Sprint soon as well. I really really want this dang phone!

riccowboy2014

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Well, I planned on picking up the S8+ next week from Sprint. I'm glad I came across this thread though. I guess I'm torn because I don't know if I want to just wait for stuff to get smoothed out, like this red tint issue (and not to mention the random reboots) or just go ahead and go for it? I'd of course make sure to check the device for the red tint thing before leaving the store. Idk, hopefully this update hits Sprint soon as well. I really really want this dang phone!

I'm on Sprint. No issues with my S8+. No issues with my wife's S8+ either.

zigaliro

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
I just got an update, and it didn`t fix much! I can still see a little bit of red tint on the left side, and If I look at the screen from the side. Very disappointed!

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Is this some kind of running gag? The blue light filter is SUPPOSED to make the screen significantly red/warm.
Like I have been saying put a bandaid over the problem, you don't think they would actually announce a significant problem after the N7 Fiasco

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Like I have been saying put a bandaid over the problem, you don't think they would actually announce a significant problem after the N7 Fiasco

Are you intentionally playing dumb? The blue light filter is a night time feature to help with the tendency of cool screens keeping the mind awake.