Anyone actually using Bixby?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why people hate it so much, its not even that bad. I don't check it daily but when I do, I have my weather pinned to the top, and it actually shows me new albums on Spotify to check out as well as recent news. I'm not gonna disable it. I also find it cool that it reminds me to call someone at a certain time each day, I guess it figured that I call that person around the same time.

Anyone else check it once in a while?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't disable it but I have yet to visit it on my phone. I just use Google Assistant since it is tied into my Google account and works with my Google Home.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Google now/assistant does most of that already on all my devices. Personally I don't hate Bixby but it's not adding anything​ new. Once they add voice and more features I'll see how it goes. As of now not much use, it's there may be once in a day or two I check it by accident.

hydrofarmer

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
No. But I've never been one to use anything automatic like Amazons app or siri either. I'd rather just open the app if I want to use it I have it when products try to anticipate or so stuff for me.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Definitely be using it more when it gets voice support here in the UK. I use it occasionally for reminders just now as they're better than Google. I just wish it was more mature before they put it on the phone. In all likelyhood it won't be fully ready until the s9 is released

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Google now/assistant does most of that already on all my devices. Personally I don't hate Bixby but it's not adding anything​ new. Once they add voice and more features I'll see how it goes. As of now not much use, it's there may be once in a day or two I check it by accident.

Yeah I think it would be much more useful when you can start using it to control your phone functions like taking a screenshot or other things like that

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I have checked it out here and there but I use it mainly just to read the weather and latest headlines. When voice comes out I will try it further. But honestly after reading that only a small handful of Samsung apps will have voice support, if this is the case for the US launch, I'll be ditching it. Samsung will have no excuses for not launching all of voice features after delaying it after the s8 launch.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
AGreed, I don't hate it... I don't even know it yet.

Maybe when the full version rolls out, then I will hate it...LOL

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Anyone using Bixby for anything?

I can't tell what the purpose of Bixby is supposed to be. I thought it was going to be an assistant like Cortana or Siri, but it's not.

So far I can't figure out what to do with it.

Seems completely useless even though there's a whole button devoted to it.

Hopefully one day it turns into something worthwhile, but for now it's a big nothingburger.

Anyone else get any use out if it?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Anyone using Bixby for anything?

I can't tell what the purpose of Bixby is supposed to be. I thought it was going to be an assistant like Cortana or Siri, but it's not.

So far I can't figure out what to do with it.

Seems completely useless even though there's a whole button devoted to it.

Hopefully one day it turns into something worthwhile, but for now it's a big nothingburger.

Anyone else get any use out if it?

It's not ready yet

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Disabled. I tried remapping it as camera, then realized I have two camera buttons, so not needed.

Them I remapped to flashlight which felt cool, until I realized I don't use the flashlight anyway AND I kept hitting the button on accident and it was turning on in my pocket, which is funny if you are wearing khakis...

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So I tried bixby camera. Tried to see what comes up when I take a pic of my S7 edge. Sadly bixby showed me iphone results...

Tried my Switch and it showed me iphone and tablets...

So as of right now. Bixby Vision is 0-2.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So I tried bixby camera. Tried to see what comes up when I take a pic of my S7 edge.

Sadly bixby showed me iphone results...

Yeah it's really not the greatest. I took a photo of the 1st thing that came to hand which was a TV remote control and it showed me images of iPhone 5's

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
i have used it some, but like most others waiting for the full roll out to embrace it. i think using it now too much will just give me a false impression of it and could sour me on the hole deal. kind of wish they just left it turned off completely until it was ready.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I use Bixby Vision pretty often honestly. No point in having the phone and not giving all the features a try. I honestly can't wait for it to be completed so I can try out the voice features.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty