S8+ alarm not working

Pat92

May 4, 2017
Visit site
My new S8+ didn't produce any sound on the alarm today. I checked setting and DND is not on with all applicable volumes set on max, the only thing that worked was the vibration. I find this very troubling as my phone is my primary alarm, has anyone else had this issue or know of a more relibable fix than resetting the phone?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My new S8+ didn't produce any sound on the alarm today. I checked setting and DND is not on with all applicable volumes set on max, the only thing that worked was the vibration. I find this very troubling as my phone is my primary alarm, has anyone else had this issue or know of a more relibable fix than resetting the phone?
I rely heavily on my alarm did you happen to check the alarm ringtone? I know there are volume settings within the alarm itselfe and on the phone. Also check that you have the certain days of the week selected
bfc32a593921cb65293676ad5d38129d.jpg

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Funny. I was about to post the same thing this morning. Sometimes it goes off once, maybe twice. Sometimes, not at all. Very frustrating as I've been using my phone as my alarm clock for a while as well.
All of my settings were imported from my S7E. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
I double checked all of my settings and even tweaked a few in hopes that would work. Nope.
This morning, I don't recall it going off at all. Even when I used to sleep through it, there would be a notification where it says snoozed where I could dismiss it.
I am going to blow out everything and start over and see what happens.

Pat92

May 4, 2017
Visit site
I checked everything (volume, ringtone, vibration, read time aloud) it was all set right.
I reset it to go off a couple minutes after checking and nothing happened. The only result I could produce was turning off the vibration which left me with nothing.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I checked everything (volume, ringtone, vibration, read time aloud) it was all set right.
I reset it to go off a couple minutes after checking and nothing happened. The only result I could produce was turning off the vibration which left me with nothing.

Did you wipe the cache and data yet? I am going to try that route.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Just found this. It must have not been set after I switched phones, which may explain why it goes off on the weekend and not during the week.
32dc3ad8e9cc3accdf756ef7cb1be847.jpg

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem on day one. Alarm didn't go off. I removed my preset alarm, restarted the phone, set up new alarm and it works like a charm. Haven't had any issues since

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I think my alarm went off only once today. It's set to continuous snooze and I never shut it off.
Something definitely is up with this alarm.

sidepipe

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I've been having this issue. Cleared the app data then went to set an alarm, and noticed under "alarm tone and volume" it said "unknown ringtone." It probably said that before I cleared the data but I didn't notice.

Anyway, setting a ring tone fixed it. Can't see how that would help the intermittent issue some are having, but maybe it will help someone.

Lewwillis

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys.
I've been having exactly the same issue with my alarm not acting consistently or correctly.
Has anyone had an success with fixing the problem? I will attempt the above tips and see if i have any luck. Having no alarm is Damn stressful when you rely upon it.

Les_Kerr

May 18, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem with the alarms not working. It seems to happen only when the phone is charging on the wireless adapter. I use my phone as my primary alarm. Twice now it did not alarm as set. I now have to have a backup alarm set independently on my Gear 3 watch.

spark001uk

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Glad I found I'm not the only one!

I also use wireless charger overnight at my bedside, and the snooze is very flakey, sometimes only once or twice before alarm turns off completely.
I always 3 alarms set to 5 snoozes of 5 mins, thereby having an alarm every 5 mins for 1½ hours until I turn them off. Or until the phone decides to turn them off it seems!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Hmm. There are 3 areas to check volume: button on side of phone, volume within settings/sounds, and alarm volume within each alarm set. Mine works-only time I had an issue was if I forgot to turn the alarms "on" or accidentally had dnd on. What launcher are you using? Not sure if that could affect it.

I'd say delete the alarms currently set up altogether, then recreate them, checking all volume areas and the schedule (s m t w th f s).

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My volume didn't work today on YouTube- i had to restart the phone. Also have noticed it not always working on notifications. Wonder if we have a similar issue where the volume is malfunctioning. Not thrilled about it hopefully just a little glitch

jh20001

Trusted Member
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I wonder where you guys are finding the setting in settings->notifications to set it to priority. Looking at notifications screen, I won't see clock unless l click on advanced at the top right (not listed in the main list before it). The option that pops up is to show content on lock screen. Nothing about priority. Same thing when accessing this setting via the app properties.
Screenshot_20170913-094605[1].png.jpg

jh20001

Trusted Member
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It happened again. This time i woke up to find an ad from an app (s photo editor or something). I deleted that app because it seems to be all about unwanted popups more than editing photos. Another time the alarm didn't go off, I found Bixby's little bubble on the bottom right of the screen as if something triggered it. I wonder if certain pop ups are preventing the alarm from functioning. I do use a wireless charger though, to add that variable to the mix.

This morning it did have a notification for missed alarm....thanks for nothing phone lol

Shugb

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
Same thing, restarts, new apps, all volumes on max. I do notice that when I open the clock or any Alarm app after the time it should've gone off, it goes off in my hand! So I'm kinda thinking that Samsungs flavor of Android might be putting the clock/alarm apps to sleep in the background stopping whatever processes are running that fire the alarm. Then when you wake up the app it checks and says oh better sound the alarm.

Can anyone confirm this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2