Knox, disable or no??

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I believe knox runs Samsungs Secure Folder, which I have been using to store things I don't want the kids to be able to access while they play on my phone. Works well so far.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
There seems to be many differing opinions on the value of Knox. Many Android users seem to think it's horrible and must be removed or disabled at all cost.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
There seems to be many differing opinions on the value of Knox. Many Android users seem to think it's horrible and must be removed or disabled at all cost.

Knox is Samsung's way of monitoring and controlling its own devices. It's touted as a way to enable multiple user accounts on the same device while keeping them separate from each other, but it's also a way for Samsung to lock down things like the boot loader. Most Android users, are typical consumers, they don't ever even deal with things like tweaking lower level system processes so Knox is mostly irrelevant to them. If they think it's 'horrible' they probably don't even know why.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Knox is Samsung's way of monitoring and controlling its own devices. It's touted as a way to enable multiple user accounts on the same device while keeping them separate from each other, but it's also a way for Samsung to lock down things like the boot loader. Most Android users, are typical consumers, they don't ever even deal with things like tweaking lower level system processes so Knox is mostly irrelevant to them. If they think it's 'horrible' they probably don't even know why.
I don't​ want or need Samsung to monitor or control my phone.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I use Knox to segregate my work stuff from personal. I own my own business and keep my email and calendar behind this because it is one extra step to access client info etc.

One draw back of Knox though is that it seems to get in the way of Google Now launcher so I am sticking with the stock launcher.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't​ want or need Samsung to monitor or control my phone.

You don't have a lot of options if Knox really irks you. You can root your device and lock it down accordingly; or try to minimize it using a non-root, pay-for disabler app; or just buy another brand. A positive aspect to the Android environment is the number of viable alternatives.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
You don't have a lot of options if Knox really irks you. You can root your device and lock it down accordingly; or try to minimize it using a non-root, pay-for disabler app; or just buy another brand. A positive aspect to the Android environment is the number of viable alternatives.
I use Package Disabler Pro. Always have.
Yeah, I use Knox with Samsung Pay and Secure Folder. Without Knox, those two stop working, and maybe more.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

You can disable the Knox apps without root and without using a paid app...

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
I believe knox runs Samsungs Secure Folder, which I have been using to store things I don't want the kids to be able to access while they play on my phone. Works well so far.

I use GalleryVault for that. But Secure Folder looks like a well done implementation for those scenarios. Do you like it?

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Just got notice that Knox will be discontinued so I backed it up and restored it to secure folder as the notification from Samsung advised.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87