Best Heavy Duty Case? OtterBox Defender vs Pelican Voyager

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I know some of us need heavy duty protection on our phones so I made this video comparing two of the best, most well known tough cases. Check it out if you're interested in picking one up. I didn't include UAG because I'm reserving that one to compete against Element's new entry to the Android world and I will be showcasing those in a different video....plus some may consider those more medium duty than heavy. BTW, I give away a lot of my cases to subscribers so if you'd like to be in the running for one please subscribe. YouTube channel name is TECH-FIGHTER.

https://youtu.be/Gby5o68gm8U

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a Pelican case for my S8 and it didn't charge wirelessly on my car wireless charger. I had to return it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The Defender provides extreme protection while still being more pocketable.I have never had an issue with wireless charging.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
The Defender provides extreme protection while still being more pocketable.I have never had an issue with wireless charging.

Agreed. I was against the bulk of the Defender, but ended up getting one and now I love it. It's grippy and protective without adding too much bulk and it can wirelessly charge with the case on just fine.

Another case I love that's less bulky but still nice and protective is the Unicorn Beetle Supcase Pro. Wireless charging works with it as well. Funny name, great case. I highly recommend both.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
My desk wireless charger worked. Just not the car wireless charger, which I use daily. Was disappointed. Loved the case.