Do not drop the samsung s8

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
GS6, GS6edge, GS6edge+, GS7, GS7edge, (Note7) ........we're still discussing the virtues (or non virtues) of a glass back? Glass backs are here to stay nor will the battery ever be removable again. It's time to accept it. lol

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Just received mine today. I find some comfort in the drop test for that case on YouTube. It actually is a very nice feeling bumper case, very minimal.

I've had the Rhinoshield on for a couple of weeks now and have had no issues. Thankfully 'touch wood' I've not had to test out it's drop test claims.

It's not just the aesthetic impact damage that concerns but what happens inside. Although I submit it's all pretty tightly packed in there

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
With all new glass devices this will always happen. I always use a case and screen cover plus insurance. They are way too expensive not to.

May 28, 2017
Visit site
GS6, GS6edge, GS6edge+, GS7, GS7edge, (Note7) ........we're still discussing the virtues (or non virtues) of a glass back? Glass backs are here to stay nor will the battery ever be removable again. It's time to accept it. lol
Form over function. Non removable batteries are fine is their capacity isn't ****. Many phones don't have their max capacity, it's a theoretical max. Most batteries will be missing 100-300mAh. This is why powerful phones (like my previous OnePlus 3) sucked. It's hilarious people want to look cool and have the latest to appeal to their ego but have to make do with **** battery, turning off lots of the included in the phone or lugging a charging or power bank around all day. Some people are lucky and get phones that somehow seem to last longer than others. Some are unlucky and have awful batteries.

Glass... I agree, pointless when phones need to be covered in cases.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
As far as I am concerned if it works for you I dont care if you use a firefly....

Ok...OK I might make fun of you if you used one of these...LOL

Capture.JPG

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry. I'm confused. What exactly has Samsung done wrong? They've been selling Edge displays on the S-Series for 2 years now on 3 generations of S-Lines. They did not make you purchase the phone. I'm sure you had other options available (LG G6), and Samsung did not make you drop your phone. Would you "accidentally drop $1000 in cash if you were holding it? That's how you need to hold your phone: Like you just paid $1000 for it!
Ya I'd drop the money too. Some of us get clumsy when multitasking.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi. We're Samsung. Now that our shiney design did it's job and separated you from your money, for goodness sake cover it up and never look at it again. We build to sell, not to last. We promise to get it right next time. See you next upgrade along with a "Galaxy” of positive reviews!
You raised an interesting issue. Has Samsung ever gotten a bad review from an Android site? Some Apple biased sites may but that's more against Android than Samsung. Samsung not only dominates the market they've cowed all the reviewers.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
You raised an interesting issue. Has Samsung ever gotten a bad review from an Android site? Some Apple biased sites may but that's more against Android than Samsung. Samsung not only dominates the market they've cowed all the reviewers.

When is the last time any flagship got a bad review?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When is the last time any flagship got a bad review?
V20 did if you consider "ugly" a bad review. I don't think my V20 is ugly but that word is in virtually all the reviews. Every samsung review should include the word fragile and that's not in the eye of the beholder like beauty.

I would describe my V20 as handsome. I woul describe the S8 as pretty.

Pamela Curry

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
When I pre-ordered my S8+ I also ordered a Spigen Ultra Hybrids S clear case. I only remove the phone to pop it into the Gear VR. And before the phone leaves the sofa it's back in the case. I never ever carry my phone naked.

Spigen Ultra Hybrid S Galaxy S8 Plus Case with Air Cushion Technology and Magnetic Metal Kickstand for Galaxy S8 Plus (2017) - Crystal Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNSZJ3...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5834723

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
V20 did if you consider "ugly" a bad review. I don't think my V20 is ugly but that word is in virtually all the reviews. Every samsung review should include the word fragile and that's not in the eye of the beholder like beauty.

I would describe my V20 as handsome. I woul describe the S8 as pretty.

I don't see how anyone can call the V20 ugly but then again I don't buy a phone for its dainty looks.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Has Samsung really deserved any bad reviews? Their devices have been rock solid(So to speak lol) for awhile. They all have issues, but overall they are still amongst the best of the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38