camera concerns

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I am finding that unless the person or object in frame is 100% still, there will be blurring. It seems to me that this sensor is inferior when capturing any kind of motion, even the slightest bit. A little disappointed since they advertise it as being able to capture just about anything. The pictures are terrible on this phone. My pixel took far superior pictures and my iPhone 7 + was even better than the pixel. This so far is my only complaint.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you using Auto Mode? I've had no issues with this (or the S7) with moving subjects unless I'm on Auto and light is low or indoors. If I use Sports Mode or adjust the shutter speed in Pro Mode, then things are pretty 'still'. Definitely wouldn't say the pictures are 'terrible'. But then again, that's why beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I just want to clairfy when its set to auto are you got to do is just take the picture and the phone does everything else correct?

Yup, but sometimes for the sake of bright pictures, Auto-mode tends to over-compensate when it comes to shutter speeds, so you might get a bright picture in low light, but like the OP is experiencing, any moving objects will tend to blur. If you tweak your settings in Pro Mode, you can get that balance between moving objects and good light exposure.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Low and medium light will keep the shutter open longer causing motion blur. Increasing the iso makes the sensor more sensitive to light allowing you to reduce shutter speed, but at the expense of more noise. Make sure you aren't manually forcing a small ISO.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Wow the S8 camera has to be the best camera for me to date it takes awesome photos all the time. I take at least 75 a day for my job and all great photos.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If OP's pictures are "terrible" as stated, I suspect he may have a defective phone. The S8 camera has been consistently reviewed as one of best phone cameras available, including this review by this respected professional site: https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles

My observation comparing the S8 to my S7 Edge is that the S8 does less sharpening in the image processing. (many thought the S7 was over sharpened). Maybe the reduced sharpening is what OP is characterizing as "blurring"? That was my initial impression with the first few shots I took with the S8 camera. If you post process S8 pictures and add a little sharpening and little pop, they look more like S7 pictures (if you prefer that look), but better, especially portrait shots.

Overall, I've become really impressed with this camera.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Either it's in low light so longer shutter or your not holding camera steady. I'm assuming you know how to hold a steady camera, so I'm going to guess something is defective with your camera. I've taken some hard shots of flowers in windy conditions and still got great blur free photos.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Download sports mode from the Samsung app store. It's useful in situations when people aren't sitting or standing still. Of course, there's always pro mode, as others have mentioned, for full control of the shutter speed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty