Wasted S8 Features

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I payed $850 for the S8 because I couldn't wait any longer for the Note. And I'm probably in the minority but I'm paying for features I have no interest in.

I don't use the iris scanner, fingerprint reader or lock screen. Could care less about AOD. I take few pictures. Et cetera. But you take away my IF Blaster, abort my S Finder, and cripple my use of a stylus. I'm paying for stuff I don't use and with every iteration lose what I do use.

But the Edge Panel is cool.

Am I an outlier?

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Re: Wasted Featues

I payed $850 for the S8 because I couldn't wait any longer for the Note. And I'm probably in the minority but I'm paying for features I have no interest in.

I don't use the iris scanner, fingerprint reader or lock screen. Could care less about AOD. I take few pictures. Et cetera. But you take away my IF Blaster, abort my S Finder, and cripple my use of a stylus. I'm paying for stuff I don't use and with every iteration lose what I do use.

Am I an outlier?

Did you not read up on the phone before purchasing? Not for nothing but you would have seen the features that came with the phone and what did not. One of the biggest things I saw before the pre-order was the ir was gone. What was the ir for anyway? Just to mess with people's tvs?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I agree with other post, what you were gaining and losing was no secret, and you has 14 days to find out for yourself if it has what you need. I feel your paying for your mistake not to return the phone and wait for what you want. I doubt the N8 will have an IR either, and it will have the other things you don't like on the S8 series. I'm guessing the FPS you find like where it's located, but there's nothing saying the FPS Under the screen is going to work great either. I think its going to take longer from the AOD screen. Now you just touch the FPS and phone unlocks, with it under screen your going to have to leave the home button on all the time which looks dumb, or your going to have to first wake the phone up then use the FPS.

The under screen FPS is new to Samsung, I for one am glad to let the note 8 users be the guinea pigs on it, like we were for that Bixby.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

What's the point of buying this particular phone if it didn't have what you wanted? I wanted the note 8 as well, but got the 8 + because I did not want to wait. I never used the S pen that much on my previous notes and the ir blaster was never a deal breaker for me.No matter where they place the fps I know I won't use it that much. Had the 8+ not met my needs within my return period I'd be back on my s 7 edge and waiting for the note. No sense in keeping something I'm not happy with. I'm sympathetic to you having buyers remorse(we all go through that sometimes), but only up to a point because you knew beforehand what you would and would not be getting.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

I don't use half of the stupid crap they have on the S8 but I truly enjoy it speed and no lag at all well worth the money IMO.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

Am I an outlier?
I'm confused. The Note 8 will have the same exact features plus the Spen. Not sure why you are waiting for note 8 then :)

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site

Nobody forced you to "pay for stuff you don't use" ... Get a pixel or an iPhone if you want good performance with less features for less money.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

Man more and more of these ambiguous trolling posts have been popping up on here lately. "I bought this phone and don't like/use most of the features"... So why buy it in the first place? I swear some people just post random nonsense to get their post count up.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Why did you pay for a flagship if you didn't want the features, there are plenty of capable phones for less.

How did they cripple your use of a stylus? Works just like any other phone without a wacom digitizer. It costs money to have a digitizer in the phone, that's why only the Note has it and why the S Pen is needed.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site

What you find a useless feature another will find useful.

I personally carry out lots of homework such as YouTube reviews, tutorials and playing with Highstreet Store working demo models before purchasing.

I was looking to the Note 8 too but I think it's going to be on par or bigger than the s8+ so chose the s8 as its dimensions hit the sweet spot for my wants and needs.

Sure I do not use all of its features but I know they are to hand if I ever want.

The security protocols you choose not to use are there for a good reason however it's your choice not to use them. Just don't then become unhappy if you lose it or have it stolen and someone accesses it.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I don't use half of the stupid crap they have on the S8 but I truly enjoy it speed and no lag at all well worth the money IMO.

believe it or not most Phones produced today are fast with no lag.... even ones for half the price of a sammy !!!

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site

Less features yes but they are just as expensive, which is nuts lol

Not quite. Depends on what you choose. 32GB pixel xl is $769 ... 32GB iPhone 7+ is $769... S8+ is $840 ... Not a huge difference, but still cheaper. And even more so with the smaller versions of the phones. I do agree the pixels and iPhones are way too expensive for the feature set they offer, but those phones also just work without a hitch. Pretty dumb for OP to come here complaining about paying for all these features he doesn't use, when it would then have been smarter for him to go to a cheaper option that offers less features but also a more solid and consistent performance experience. The point of this thread, and others like it, will be forever lost on me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non