When the new iPhone launches, what will you do?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: When the new iPhone releases, what will you do,

I'll get it, followed shortly after by getting the Pixel 2 as well.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

No Apple for me. I had an iPhone 4 and won't go back. Android has come a long way, and every new Android phone I try is definitely an improvement. To me not much at all has changed with the Apple products, except they keep dropping features or ignoring features. No headphone jack, such a joke. No SD card slot so every time you buy a new iPhone you have to pay for memory again, no thanks, I'll keep my 200GB Micro SD card that I can bring from phone to phone. I never cared for wireless charging until I tried it, It's pretty convenient and it's been around for quite a few years now and Apple just now might start using it. No fast charge, why should it take 3 hours to charge a phone?

These are the smartphones I've had:
Motorola Droid
HTC Droid Incredible
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy S4
HTC One M9
LG V10
Samsung Galaxy S8

I hate Apple and I hate iTunes. I'll stick with Android and my Chromebook, and my Chromecast.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

With some of the rumors of new features of the iPhone, one with curved screen, wireless charging, ect, will you switch to the iPhone, maybe, no chance in hell, or are you one that switches to every new phone?

I love the S8 series and have no plans of changing this year. I think Samsung did a great job on this one.

Too locked down for me... They do work well and get constant updates, but just not my thing. I don't like to be locked into itunes....Android is much easier to manage for what I want to do. Having said that I like my IPad Air.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I'll get some random, biased $h¡+ from every single Apple fanboy about how iPhone is better than my S8+ [which it will definitely NOT be]

Well to him it is so let him have it....lol. They make a good product but its not what I want. My wife and daughter love them.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I will say this, gang... Been using iPhones for many years now (since the 4S) and have never had a software issue. Never a glitch. Never even a stutter. Never a cracked screen, despite countless drops (always in a case, of course).

The lone reason for my leaving Apple is their @******* decision to drop the headphone jack. I am keeping my 6S+ for years to come, but want something new and sexy and so I ordered the S8. Hopefully i won't choke trying to learn Android.
That is true, when you control the software, hardware, usually you will have less problems. The downside is your more restricted.

I'll give Apple a huge thumbs up for updating software, they are superior in that department, and they don't allow carriers to bog the phone down with bloatware.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I will say this, gang... Been using iPhones for many years now (since the 4S) and have never had a software issue. Never a glitch. Never even a stutter. Never a cracked screen, despite countless drops (always in a case, of course).

The lone reason for my leaving Apple is their @******* decision to drop the headphone jack. I am keeping my 6S+ for years to come, but want something new and sexy and so I ordered the S8. Hopefully i won't choke trying to learn Android.

Android is better these days than it was. The last two Android phones never experienced any lag except for a rogue app I had.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Well to him it is so let him have it....lol. They make a good product but its not what I want. My wife and daughter love them.
I won't say iPhone is a horrible product, it's just not for me. They excel in the update Department and they are basically easier to use, just not customizable.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

I plan on purchasing the iPhone 8 and the Pixel 2. Just don't ever seeing myself buying another Samsung phone after owning the S7 Edge.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I won't say iPhone is a horrible product, it's just not for me. They excel in the update Department and they are basically easier to use, just not customizable.
That's the brunt of it. There's also a dilemma with being the leader. You get complacent and everyone else becomes innovative. How many big companies that had the lead are now gone or downsized because they lost their vision? I can name a bunch in almost all the tech sectors. There's always someone out there looking to eat your lunch when you're not looking.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

why would I want to go back to 2014. the iPhone will never have expandable storage, MST for mobile payment, NO CUSTOMIZATION AT ALL, no fast wireless charging, no custom launchers. iPhones are for the elderly, army wives and highschool kids. No solitary confinement for me I like my freedom.

iPhones already have fast charging if you use an iPad charging block. It's just as fast as what you get on the S8.

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

I agree with the posts above about iOS being outdated and personally prefer to keep a foot in both camps.

For example I was on my iPad the other day and needed to copy and paste text from a article. No matter how hard I tried ios just wouldn't do it. Grab my S8 and done the same task no problem. Conversely I was trying to print some documents from my S8 to my printer and had nothing but hassle, grab the iPad and job done in seconds. So in essence I think both have pros and cons.

I've said before apple will always slowly integrate today's tech over a long period to milk the apple consumer. Where as most other flagship companies will knock out new models with as much tech as they can at that time.

I do like apple products and have had a number of iPhones over the years but the locked down nature of them is now a pain for me. Simple things like putting songs on them or deleting photos from albums is a nightmare compared to android.

Will the new iPhone sell in record numbers..of course it will. Apple has a totally loyal fan base that will buy anything with a apple logo on it! Will it be as technologically advanced as something like the S8...doubt it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I agree with the posts above about iOS being outdated and personally prefer to keep a foot in both camps.

For example I was on my iPad the other day and needed to copy and paste text from a article. No matter how hard I tried ios just wouldn't do it. Grab my S8 and done the same task no problem. Conversely I was trying to print some documents from my S8 to my printer and had nothing but hassle, grab the iPad and job done in seconds. So in essence I think both have pros and cons.

I've said before apple will always slowly integrate today's tech over a long period to milk the apple consumer. Where as most other flagship companies will knock out new models with as much tech as they can at that time.

I do like apple products and have had a number of iPhones over the years but the locked down nature of them is now a pain for me. Simple things like putting songs on them or deleting photos from albums is a nightmare compared to android.

Will the new iPhone sell in record numbers..of course it will. Apple has a totally loyal fan base that will buy anything with a apple logo on it! Will it be as technologically advanced as something like the S8...doubt it.

I don't have any trouble printing from IOS or Android. I use my printers app.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

I have always thought the same thing. How does Apple get away with offering something like wireless charging and get away with people thinking they are geniuses, which we all know will happen if they add wireless charging next round. Samsung has had that feature for years, yet Apple will be a genius idea.. Apple is now followers IMO.

Never mind that Nokia Windows phones had that many years ago. But Apple will still claim they "invented it".

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

I will not ever go back to iPhone. No matter what they create. I will stick by Samsung. The only thing Apple i like is their laptops and iPads. The phones are just way too boring for my taste.

GRUNT11B

May 20, 2017
Visit site

the only new thing you get with new iPhones is wallpapers.. And Android jellybean still does more than iOS 11 ever will.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer