When the new iPhone launches, what will you do?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I've never had an interest in Apple products. I chose my Commodore 64 over it! So...never have and never will. Its just not for me and thats fine with me.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: When the new iPhone releases, what will you do,

Unless apples CHANGES Ios in a drastic way and let us access the storage from our pcs without itunes i'll never even consider buying one lol

This is really the heart of it for me! If Apple lets me use my device that WAY I WANT TOO USE IT....I would give them a shot! Too restrictive for my use.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Interesting that everyone is on Samsung for the potential cost of the new Note, but Apple gets a pass for charging even more for even less storage.

GRUNT11B

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Interesting that everyone is on Samsung for the potential cost of the new Note, but Apple gets a pass for charging even more for even less storage.

Exactly. And they charge even more for less everything. It's the apple logo it adds 400$ to the price of anything it graces it presents on.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see that, I typed in curved screen iPhone. I thought that looked off, way to much bezel. Apple doing away with that home button will be a plus IMO. They still have to make it so I can set up my screens the way I want to and give us an app drawer. I don't know where they are at for widgets but I want those also mainly for clock and weather.

So your saying there more then likely won't be a curved screen version iPhone.
From what the leaks have been showing it doesn't look like it. It doesn't seem like something Apple would do anyway. I would be shocked if they went that way.

I don't mind it on the S8+, but I could do without the curved screen myself. Edge to edge without a curve would be ideal IMO.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
The curved screen is helpful on certain apps. By way of example, to access on Audible the chapter list on a flat screen, like my Note 5, I have to peel back the case to use the feature. Not so with the curved screen.

Additionally, I'm having a hard time seeing how the curved screen is going to interfere with the S pen on the Note 8. It certainly doesn't cause problems with the crippled stylus on the S8+.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I feel that since Apple is so popular and in demand - and it has such a mass following - it can easily get away with this. Some users buy a phone because it is what it is - Apple, or something else - and don't really know or care about what's inside it. They just want the brand label. Samsung also has a huge following, which makes this very odd if you're looking at it from the outside in.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
From what the leaks have been showing it doesn't look like it. It doesn't seem like something Apple would do anyway. I would be shocked if they went that way.

I don't mind it on the S8+, but I could do without the curved screen myself. Edge to edge without a curve would be ideal IMO.
Yeah, I think Samsung should have had the S8 as a flat screen and the plus the curved screen.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I worked the galaxy launch day and we sold phones it was projected that 77,000 units went out the first hour globally... People trust Samsung. they outsold the iPhone 7- it was their biggest launch to date. do I think Apple will sell this year... oh yeah it's their 10th year aniversary . but the iPhone is going to be an iPhone in a Samsung body with a duel lens camera. Apple refines what android does... they haven't been innovative in YEARS. That's why I am a Samsung fan and won't look back.

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: When the new iPhone releases, what will you do,

What will I do? Mock and laugh at all the sheep that buy one, especially any that wait in line for it.

Flaneur

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
It will depend on price and performance. I do not feel loyal to Android or to IO, and have had good experiences with each.

I won't choose iPhone just because it's Apple, but I wouldn't refuse it just because it's Apple.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Personally, I think Apple make wonderful products. They are well built and everything runs so smooth due to the optimization but I do not like iOS. It is to......simplistic and boring....which is why it appeals to such a large audience. It is very easy to operate and people want easy operation of their devices. Well that excludes us Android users. Most of us use Android because of the customization it allows. Tinkering is fun. :)