going from s8+ to s8

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I did the opposite. I bought and used the S8 for a couple of weeks. While in the in hand feeling is nice and better than the S7 Edge, it didn't quite match the battery use on my S7 Edge (Snapdragon S8 vs Exynos S7E). I ordered the S8+ which I'll be receiving on Monday. The FP placement was a mess on the S8 so I'm pretty sure the Plus will only be worse. Hopefully the S8+ will match the battery life on my S7E. And since the S7E and S8+ are more or less the same width, I would be comfortable with one handed use.

Last edited:

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
The FP sensor is worse for sure. I had the S8+ for a couple of months and pretty much used the iris unlock exclusively, have had the S8 a week and use the FP most of the time, hardly use the iris. This was not a conscious decision just how it played out for me.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I did the opposite. I bought and used the S8 for a couple of weeks. While in the in hand feeling is nice and better than the S7 Edge, it didn't quite match the battery use on my S7 Edge (Snapdragon S8 vs Exynos S7E). I ordered the S8+ which I'll be receiving on Monday. The FP placement was a mess on the S8 so I'm pretty sure the Plus will only be worse. Hopefully the S8+ will match the battery life on my S7E. And since the S7E and S8+ are more or less the same width, I would be comfortable with one handed use.
What did you do with the S8. Most carriers have the 14 day window or something among those lines

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I got the S8 Plus today and the in hand feeling is more or less the same as the S7E, though it's slightly taller. The FPS reachability is still a mess (I didn't like the S8 either) when compared to the S7E. The only reason this will stay if it satisfies the reason I upgraded... better battery life. Time will tell...

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I tried out the S8 in a T-Mobile store. Coming from the S7 Edge, the S8 was just too small. Yes, I have to rely on the iris scanner a bit more, but it seems just as secure (if not more so) and is quite convenient, so it's a small price to pay for the added screen real estate.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
S8 Plus all the way. I had the S7 edge and regular S7. All too small for me. I like the plus size. The Note 7 was perfect though. I wouldn't have an S8 Plus right now if the Note 7 wasn't recalled. I'd be waiting for the Note 8 but the s7 edge small screen was driving me crazy and the V20 wasn't AMOLED.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Also, one-handed mode activated this way (with a swipe) works better if you keep your finger on the screen after you swipe up and then swipe down slightly to resize...all in one motion.
Wow, I had no idea about the resize. Holly Cats! Thank you!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
S8 Plus all the way. I had the S7 edge and regular S7. All too small for me. I like the plus size. The Note 7 was perfect though. I wouldn't have an S8 Plus right now if the Note 7 wasn't recalled. I'd be waiting for the Note 8 but the s7 edge small screen was driving me crazy and the V20 wasn't AMOLED.
7edge was way too small to me too. Loved the V20 my main oroblem with that one was more that it didn't have Samsung Pay.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I was the opposite I got the s8... said NOPE I need battery power and went with the s8 plus and I haven't looked back... such and amazing device.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I've gone from the iPhone 6S+ to the S8 and the only issue I am having is adapting to texting. I am failing. Completely. That very wide iPhone screen made texting vertically a snap. Not so with the S8. The keys are just too narrow so I am really struggling.

Everything else is great. But I need to come with with a solution to this conundrum.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I went from s8 to the s8+, bigger screen and bigger battery. The curves are a bit less and you have more flat screen than on the s8. Erica Griffin in her review actually preferred the s8+ even with her small hands :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty