Unlocked S8 with Sprint?

smeg36

May 13, 2017
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting the unlocked S8 from Best Buy to sign up for the Sprint free year of service. But I'm unsure if there's features that I won't be able to use on the unlocked version, like WiFi calling, visual voicemail, etc. Anyone using the unlocked S8 with Sprint that can help? Will it function the same as a carrier brand version? Thanks.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
WIFI calling unsertin, yes visual voice mail, Sprint is the only carrier that you can't use internet and phone at the same time. Wifi and phone yes

smeg36

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Wow, that's crazy that any carrier doesn't have voice and data at the same time still. Does visual voicemail work with the default phone app, or do I have to download a Sprint app for it?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's crazy that any carrier doesn't have voice and data at the same time still. Does visual voicemail work with the default phone app, or do I have to download a Sprint app for it?
Sprint doesn't have voice and data yet due to not launching VoLTE yet. You have to have wifi nearby to do voice and data on their network.

Wifi calling will not work for Sprint unless on a Sprint branded phone.

The Lava Lab

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting the unlocked S8 from Best Buy to sign up for the Sprint free year of service. But I'm unsure if there's features that I won't be able to use on the unlocked version, like WiFi calling, visual voicemail, etc. Anyone using the unlocked S8 with Sprint that can help? Will it function the same as a carrier brand version? Thanks.

I was able to get HotSpot and WiFi Tethering Working from Sprint... BUT STILL in the process of dealing with them about the Visual Voicemail... I guess I can keep you guys Posted!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Sprint doesn't have voice and data yet due to not launching VoLTE yet. You have to have wifi nearby to do voice and data on their network.

Wifi calling will not work for Sprint unless on a Sprint branded phone.
I took my sprint wifi calling out when I flashed any trace of sprint off my phone. I have not had a good experience with sprint so my next order or thing to do is get my S8 totally unlocked especially after removing the sprint start up screen and any and all of their bloat ware apps. My phone is now like I bought direct from Samsung pretty much. I want to unlock it so I can ease back over to cricket. If not cricket, even sell my S8 as I'm just not totally feeling it. Huawei Honor is my favorite brand so it's highly likely that if I sell I'm getting a Mate 9. Anyways I did like the wifi calling but I didn't mind giving it up to flash any trace of sprint totally off my phone. Now I've got to flash my phone again with a new drive to totally get it unlocked as I'm having issues with sprint there. Like I said I'm not happy with them.

smeg36

May 13, 2017
Visit site
I ended up getting the Sprint branded version to make sure it would have all the features when using it on Sprint. That, and it was $360 pre-tax. I just paid the phone off and used it to sign up for the free year of service, then cancel the paid line the phone was being financed through. Can't beat that deal!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I ended up getting the Sprint branded version to make sure it would have all the features when using it on Sprint. That, and it was $360 pre-tax. I just paid the phone off and used it to sign up for the free year of service, then cancel the paid line the phone was being financed through. Can't beat that deal!
No you can't. Well done. I hate sprint personally. It's been a nightmare being with them. That's why I flashed my phone to get rid of any trace of sprint.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non