Sprint Galaxy S8 More Problems

CosmicMiami

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Seems like since I updated the lastest firmware from Sprint, my phone is acting very strange.

I have a couple app folders on my home page. One is all my Google apps (mail, maps, google, earth, chrome, etc.) and another is my music apps (Sonos, Pandora, etc.). Whenever I restart, I lose apps out of the google folder and the music folder is gone replaced by a Spotify icon, which was in the folder. I also lose other apps on other pages. They are still installed. Just the icons are gone.

So you know, I use App Mgr II to move apps to the SD card. I guess to truly diagnose I should move those apps back to internal storage and see what happens. Even then, I'm not sure why that would have anything to do with it but it may.

Thanks in advance.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If the phone loses contact with the SD card the apps moved there do also. Usually I'll see the icon for that app replaced with an SD card symbol, but I gave up moving apps. Not worth the trouble IMO. That may be what's happening during the reboot.

CosmicMiami

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
K. Thx. My internal storage isn't close to being full. It's a OCD thing of mine I guess. I like to keep the internal storage as clean as possible.

I'll keep the most used apps on internal and move the lesser used ones to SD.