security updates?

Chris Rosas

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys I have my Galaxy S8 plus on T-Mobile, and I just noticed I haven't received a security update since July. Why do you think this is? What security update are you guys on and what carrier?

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Same here. S8, t mobile, July. My OP3 is on August but that has been consistently a month behind the latest. Not so much for the s8

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys I have my Galaxy S8 plus on T-Mobile, and I just noticed I haven't received a security update since July. Why do you think this is? What security update are you guys on and what carrier?

That's odd, I'd call them, I've been getting them every month, generally at the end of the month I'll get the one released by Google at the start of the month.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the unlocked S8+ and go the August 1 update last Wednesday.

I also have an unlocked S7 Edge that now has the August 1 update whereas my T-Mobile S7 Edge is still on July. Looks like Samsung has finally got things going with the unlocked models.

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
My T-Mobile S8+ is also still on July patch. I've been debating whether to get a Note8 in Tmo or unlocked flavor. I guess it now seems unlocked is the way to go for quicker updates.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The August security update on my unlocked S8+ has taken a hit on battery life. I could easily go three days standby and still get four hrs screentime. Now the battery barely lasts a day. I'm at 64% after 11 hrs with 53 minutes screentime.

My S7 Edge is beating it on battery life now.

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
I believe this last update killed my phone as well. Phone can't last past noon, without using it. I've made a thread on it...Factory Reset 3 times now because of battery drain and glitching and freezing and random (many/multiple per day) restarts.
Android System at 60%...
Am now letting the phone rest overnight at complete ZERO power including holding power button to let screen "blink" to use last bit of juice until completely dead.
Hope it helps.

marco44

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
I believe this last update killed my phone as well. Phone can't last past noon, without using it. I've made a thread on it...Factory Reset 3 times now because of battery drain and glitching and freezing and random (many/multiple per day) restarts.
Android System at 60%...
Am now letting the phone rest overnight at complete ZERO power including holding power button to let screen "blink" to use last bit of juice until completely dead.
Hope it helps.

So don't update? Just got this.

Attachments

• 24854.jpg
    24854.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 21

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I would always update and install security updates. And they can and are critical. If you can, use a 2nd phone used mainly for testing.

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
Ya well, I'm not saying to NOT update. As much as I am concerned about it, I'm not nearly certified enough to suggest it. I'm just heavily dubious about the stability of the so called "update" we got a month ago, because that's when my S8+ went downhill. It's ridiculous, this 1000$ device acting the way it is now, even after THREE FACTORY RESETS.

marco44

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
Ya well, I'm not saying to NOT update. As much as I am concerned about it, I'm not nearly certified enough to suggest it. I'm just heavily dubious about the stability of the so called "update" we got a month ago, because that's when my S8+ went downhill. It's ridiculous, this 1000$ device acting the way it is now, even after THREE FACTORY RESETS.

Thanks

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
it's almost October and my T-Mobile is still on July patch. I have bixby set to check as part of a daily quick-command. but "device is up to date" is all I get. looks like unlocked devices are getting updates faster than carrier ones now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana