Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Beta update incoming
a9dc96e0803744953e105ae97eec0167.jpg

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay, you more knowledgeable BETA testers. I see an UPDATE is available but I also see that there's some info that says the Beta can be abandoned without having to wipe the device. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20231116-095459.png

I have PAUSED the download. I just not very keen on having to wipe the device. But then again, BETA's can be interesting. And if you folks have been doing BETA for a while, have there been other opportunities along the way where you could opt out without wiping. In other words, might there be further beta's where that opt out without wiping might again be available?

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Okay, you more knowledgeable BETA testers. I see an UPDATE is available but I also see that there's some info that says the Beta can be abandoned without having to wipe the device. Any info on this would be appreciated.

View attachment 357555

I have PAUSED the download. I just not very keen on having to wipe the device. But then again, BETA's can be interesting. And if you folks have been doing BETA for a while, have there been other opportunities along the way where you could opt out without wiping. In other words, might there be further beta's where that opt out without wiping might again be available?
Yes you can definitely not take this update... So you would go to the Android beta page and opt your device out..and you should then get a downgrade OTA message soon after but ignore it and don't take it.. once Gootle announces the public release for the current version that you're on then you can take it ..I believe it should be by December or soon ..

Reactions: FF22

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can definitely not take this update... So you would go to the Android beta page and opt your device out..and you should then get a downgrade OTA message soon after but ignore it and don't take it.. once Gootle announces the public release for the current version that you're on then you can take it ..I believe it should be by December or soon ..
If folks recall, I was in Greece when the normal Android 14 Oct update became available. I turned it down while abroad. Well, after that it was never available again. Even a call to Google did not help. Someone suggested going Beta and that worked and I got 14 Beta. But I would not mind being on the NORMAL track again. So I may just follow your advice.

Do you know if they offer this "sidetrack" out of Beta without wiping periodically? That notice I posted seem to be a one time opt out without the consequences of a WIPE.

Thanks for the reply.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
If folks recall, I was in Greece when the normal Android 14 Oct update became available. I turned it down while abroad. Well, after that it was never available again. Even a call to Google did not help. Someone suggested going Beta and that worked and I got 14 Beta. But I would not mind being on the NORMAL track again. So I may just follow your advice.

Do you know if they offer this "sidetrack" out of Beta without wiping periodically? That notice I posted seem to be a one time opt out without the consequences of a WIPE.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes they offer it on some releases ..in this case they jumped from QPR1 to QPR2 without having some more in between betas builds ..so that suggests they are happy to release a stable public from the QPR1 testing ..

Reactions: Chex313 and FF22