Selling S8 plus on ebay

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with ebay my S8 plus just sold, and the buyer sent me a picture of a "payment made web page" and is asking me to ship based on that. when i look in ebay it still says awaiting payment. if i look in my pay pal it says that the payment is pending and that i should not ship yet. also paypal shows this "The sender of this payment is*Non-U.S. - Unverified)"

all of this worries me.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Do not ship. In fact, I would cancel the transaction and relist it. Always put something that states that you "only ship to PayPal verified addresses" in your listing.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Don't ship. A screen capture isn't a payment. You don't have to ship until you actually have the money; and you have up to 30 days from receipt of payment to ship the item. Tell him or her that you'll ship when you receive the money and not before.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with ebay my S8 plus just sold, and the buyer sent me a picture of a "payment made web page" and is asking me to ship based on that. when i look in ebay it still says awaiting payment. if i look in my pay pal it says that the payment is pending and that i should not ship yet. also paypal shows this "The sender of this payment is*Non-U.S. - Unverified)"

all of this worries me.

If payment was made you would know... Great scam possibly

mj0528

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got scammed as a seller. Payment was received via PayPal and eBay said ship so I did. 2 days later I get an email from eBay that the buyer is a known scammer and he has been suspended from eBay and not to ship. Which I did so I freaked and called eBay and PayPal. PayPal said that they did get am eft but the buyer cancelled payment. EBay said they would send an email to ask for payment or the return of my phone. Luckily it hadn't been delivered yet so I did a package intercept immediately which if you Google USPS intercept, a lot of people say it's a joke. I got up and called SC post office when to woke up. They said we got it and we will ship it back. I had a funny feeling too and shouldve listened to it but didn't. I'm get to get my phone back but will cost me 30 bucks. PayPal said a ton of phone scams have been happening. I won't be selling on eBay again. Not enough seller protection, only buyer protection. Check out swappa.com

Florida Guy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
There are low-lives that think of new scams every day.
Some people fall for them, and that's why new ones are always coming out.
Don't fall for these, especially with an expensive item.
They probably do this to loads of sellers, hoping to have some of them fall for their pitch.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I stopped selling on eBay a long time ago. Wait many scams going on. And eBay and PayPal almost always side with the buyer. Never again.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

all of this worries me.
Don't you dare ship until that money is in your PayPal account!!!!! He's from outside of the US and he's scamming you! I had that happen to me once and he was from Africa and wanted me to send right away and was going to pay me $100 more if I shipped right then. I called Ebay and they told me his address was not verified and somehow they knew he was scamming. Call EBay, they will tell you the same thing..... Don't do anything until you talk to them.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's reply. Based on these I have cancelled the sale and relisted the phone. I have sold several of my old iPhones on eBay and even last the free vr and head phones that I received for the S8 when I bought it. This is the first issues I have had. I also keep having people emaill me and offer very high payments to sell out side of eBay.

Very weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38