Trying to get rid of my Tab S8

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
As the title says, I'm trying to sell my Tab S8 256gb. I'm not having very much success. My main reason is because I want to spend less time on it plus I want to pay it off so I can trade in my Pixel 7 pro for an S23 ultra. I want to go back to having just one device to simplify things. Unfortunately I can't get anyone to make an offer on it. I've posted it in 4 different spots. Swappa, eBay, Offerup and FB marketplace. I've never had to wait this long to sell a device before. I guess people aren't in the market for Tablets or at least the S8.

I have it competitively priced on Swappa and eBay. I just don't think that many people are looking to get one. Maybe I waited too long and should have tried to sell it way before the S9 came out. I'm not going to keep lowering the price. I have a bottom number in mind and if I can't get that amount, then I'll just keep it.

I have loved using it to watch videos and play games on it, probably too much. Which is why I'm looking to get rid of it. I'll probably wait another week to see if it sells. If not, I'll be keeping it.

Reactions: umerwahab

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Or you may (as you mentioned) waited too long. Many of us have purchased our S9 tablets. Most of us got pretty good trade in value. Thus most of the folks into high end android tablets (and thinking of moving up) have already moved on to the next tier. I moved from an s8 ultra to s9 ultra on a great deal. But many who owned the s8 traded up to the s9 because of the huge screen upgrade it presents amongst other things. Depending on your ask this may be why it's a tough sell.

Good luck!

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
There's always a market for older tech. Many times it a waiting game. If you want max value you may need to do an "offer up" sale and save on the fees...

Correction: you already did that....lol.....

Now it's a waiting game....lol

Good luck!

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Just sold my Tab S8 on eBay. Their fees are crazy. It's all good. Currently backing up my Tablet using Smart switch on my PC.

I'm going to be ordering the S23 ultra in the next couple of days. Pretty sure I'm going with the 512gb. Trading in my Pixel 7 pro for a total of $650 off. $450 for the trade in and $200 off from Samsung.

I'm going with the red Ultra which won't arrive until September 15th.