Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Storage report Device Maintenance

Apps 66GB
Free space 15GB
System / User data 48.8GB

I was setting up podcast to download when shocked to see it say 14GB FREE on internal.

I've tried MyFiles and Solid Explorer to see what is wrong before going through factory reset and wiping clean.

My other Galaxy has same setup, shows
System/user data 22GB
Available 41GB
Apps 6GB

a09e5852bdec2c14eab10a89ec888ee8.jpg

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
It was the program Adguard.com created a massive log file using most of the internal storage!!

Does not happen on 7.0 or Note 8 7.1.1.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Storage report Device Maintenance

Apps 66GB
Free space 15GB
System / User data 48.8GB

I was setting up podcast to download when shocked to see it say 14GB FREE on internal.

I've tried MyFiles and Solid Explorer to see what is wrong before going through factory reset and wiping clean.

My other Galaxy has same setup, shows
System/user data 22GB
Available 41GB
Apps 6GB

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171219/a09e5852bdec2c14eab10a89ec888ee8.jpg

Did you find problem/resolution?

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone of you on the beta channel see any posts in the community app about an official release time frame? Or another beta 5? Samsung just opened beta 4 in a few more countries a couple of days ago, that implies they want more people to provide test data. That also means they might not be close to a release build.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone of you on the beta channel see any posts in the community app about an official release time frame? Or another beta 5? Samsung just opened beta 4 in a few more countries a couple of days ago, that implies they want more people to provide test data. That also means they might not be close to a release build.

Nothing in the community app yet.

A couple of articles said late January but I won't believe it til I see it.

Last edited:

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
If nothing turned up in b4 in a month, but that isn't going to happen. 8.0.0 has to be ready by the time the S9 Galaxy are ready.

Good that b4 public beta has wider audience.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Nothing in the community app yet.

A couple of articles said late January but I won't believe it til I see it.
Looks like late Jan it is then. What baffles me is with all this delay, Samsung could've (or should've) implemented Project Treble already at least. Not sure if Oreo will bring anything new to the table for the S8.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Looks like late Jan it is then. What baffles me is with all this delay, Samsung could've (or should've) implemented Project Treble already at least. Not sure if Oreo will bring anything new to the table for the S8.

Honestly, the only 2 things that are noticeable in Oreo for me during daily use are the abilities to unlock phone with OK Google from AOD and making my recents show in list view.
That's over-simplifying it but most of it seems to be under-the-hood stuff.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
BGR esrd 8.1 was Google only to patch bugs they couldn't fix in 8.0 when the new Pixel 2 series shipped.

Theres no 7.1.1 for galaxy 8 series even which is nice and better optomizstions.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

So I'm unclear about this... If they wanted to, Samsung could enable Treble for existing phones and not just new phones that ship with Oreo?

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Thought about updating mine, but it states the latest release doesn't have working Android Pay (IMO it's better than Samsung pay) so will do without for now

It's just updating to the latest OTA release here in the UK with the latest security patch IIRC

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thought about updating mine, but it states the latest release doesn't have working Android Pay (IMO it's better than Samsung pay) so will do without for now

It's just updating to the latest OTA release here in the UK with the latest security patch IIRC

Yeah, the latest beta (four) was shipped with the Dec security patch. I'm hoping Samsung can get back to the timely security update schedule. They kind of fell off during the last few months.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch