Free 100Gb OneDrive storage

Rufinoman

Jul 28, 2017
Visit site
Out of the blue I received a OneDrive message asking if I'd like the 100gb free for two years, which I wasn't expecting to be honest and it was a big surprise.Presumably it's a deal on new galaxy phones.
Very nice indeed, so I went for it. I already had 30Gb free because I'd grabbed that before MS reduced the free quota a couple of years ago.
Clearly I'll need to subscribe after that time, but that's a heck of a lot of storage and I once had a similar deal with Dropbox on the Galaxy S3 in 2013. The good thing is that they don't take the storage away; you just can't add to it after the free period.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It's a deal on new Galaxy devices since like the Note 2. When I first got that, I was given a 2 year 100GB free on OneDrive. 2 years later I got an S7 Edge (Note 3 was out when I got the Note 2 brand new for a sweet deal lol) and it offered me that and extended the 100GB. Basically if you stay with Samsung, you get 100GB free on OneDrive as long as you're rocking a Samsung, at least as long as they're still partners with MS.

Rufinoman

Jul 28, 2017
Visit site
Thank you. I don't see "redeem. Screenshot attached.View attachment 272784

You're right. I can't see 'redeem' shown in settings on my phone either.
This bonus came out of the blue for me as I knew nothing about it and I can only assume that it was as a result of registering my S8 and logging into the Samsung Members app, although I'm simply guessing, but it is a little coincidental.
I'd been looking into the Oreo Beta (not related to this) and it was suggested that signing up to Samsung Members may initiate the beta, but it didn't and got this instead.
Anyway, perhaps signing up may help you or even uninstalling OneDrive then reinstalling. Not sure if you need a Microsoft (Hotmail etc) email account or if any old email will do.
Oh, I found this on the Microsoft site:
"If you missed opportunity at first launch:
1. Sign out of all OneDrive bundled applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneDrive);
2. Go to 'settings', 'applications', then 'OneDrive', and 'Clear data' and 'Clear cache'.
Worked for me after relaunching OneDrive."

Source:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g/b70d4785-e86f-4ad6-b7ac-0c73137308be?auth=1

jre72

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
You're right. I can't see 'redeem' shown in settings on my phone either.
This bonus came out of the blue for me as I knew nothing about it and I can only assume that it was as a result of registering my S8 and logging into the Samsung Members app, although I'm simply guessing, but it is a little coincidental.
I'd been looking into the Oreo Beta (not related to this) and it was suggested that signing up to Samsung Members may initiate the beta, but it didn't and got this instead.
Anyway, perhaps signing up may help you or even uninstalling OneDrive then reinstalling. Not sure if you need a Microsoft (Hotmail etc) email account or if any old email will do.
Oh, I found this on the Microsoft site:
"If you missed opportunity at first launch:
1. Sign out of all OneDrive bundled applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneDrive);
2. Go to 'settings', 'applications', then 'OneDrive', and 'Clear data' and 'Clear cache'.
Worked for me after relaunching OneDrive."

Source:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g/b70d4785-e86f-4ad6-b7ac-0c73137308be?auth=1

Didn't work for me and I just bought my phone last week. I've registered my phone etc.

tuckertje01

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Bizarre, when I took my phone off the charger just now there was a full screen message offering me the 100gb free for 2 years. I did not accept since I already have 1TB for free. I've had the phone since 3 months...

C LaBelle

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I never got this either, registered, installed onedrive, its been 2 months now with the phone. Would be nice to get my 100gb back. I had 1 year of 100gb when I got my Windows Phone and it was nice to know I wouldn't ever have to worry about it. I still have 30gb though. I know you used to get bonus space on Windows Phone when you enabled auto photo upload through your photo app. Mine is already enabled but could be something else to try for others.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I saw the option and try to redeem it but doesn't do anything? I can see the option to apply for 100Gb in the one cloud setting option but doesn't do anything when i click on it.