Nova vs Action Launcher vs Microsoft vs Evie? (nearly year 2018)

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
which is the best launcher you have tried?
Nova vs Action Launcher vs Microsoft vs Evie
i can't make my mind up. i like all of them..but i want to chose only one.
so want to see what other people opinion is. and maybe get some good advice.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Haven't tried MS or Evie. Action Launcher, while I understand the idea behind the shutters, I just don't care for them. And the shutters seem to be the hinge that the launcher operates. I do love Nova.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Nova, I also like action and MS for variety, they each have cool features, I especially like some aspects of MS but it's not quite there yet. I rotate between these three but seem to keep coming back to Nova.

Last edited:

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
does it drain your battery if you use more android launchers?
the only reason i can think of getting action launcher is fastest features quicker updates are quicker, side app drawer, unique Shutter feature, Customizable Google search widget - the quickbar, Quickpage and Quick drawer, Quick themes that can automatically adjust home screen colors based on wallpaper.

i like how Microsoft launcher works with windows 10 PC..can send text message from my PC to phone.
is SideSync better then Microsft launcher, Cortana like connecting to windows PC ?

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
i tried samsung SideSync keeps disconnecting from my PC. has anyone else had that problem?
maybe Microsft launcher, Cortana app is the best option for texting from PC to phone.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
i tried samsung SideSync keeps disconnecting from my PC. has anyone else had that problem?
maybe Microsft launcher, Cortana app is the best option for texting from PC to phone.
Using WiFi, no I'm not having disconnection issues. On cable though, but I found out I just need a new cable so...

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
does it drain your battery if you use more android launchers?
the only reason i can think of getting action launcher is fastest features quicker updates are quicker, side app drawer, unique Shutter feature, Customizable Google search widget - the quickbar, Quickpage and Quick drawer, Quick themes that can automatically adjust home screen colors based on wallpaper.

i like how Microsoft launcher works with windows 10 PC..can send text message from my PC to phone.
is SideSync better then Microsft launcher, Cortana like connecting to windows PC ?

I still get texts on my laptop whether I use Nova or MS launchers. Have Cortana installed on phone but mostly use Google assistant as my default. Just have to check the connect to phone setting on laptop. No battery issues having more than one launcher on your phone. It only uses the one you set as default.

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Shutter is when you swipe up on the app, it show's the widget from that app.
that if the app has widgets. you will know if the app has widget by a small square on the icon.
so basically you save space on your wall (or whatever you want to call it Home page).
seem's cool if you use widget's alot. and its got other cool stuff like separate widget page, and which i mentioned above. paid version is better then the FREE. but its up to what you want.
to me its feels better then Nova. but that's my thought's on it.

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
yeah going to try that right now.
i will set Action LAuncher as default and also keep Microsoft launcher, Cortana app so i can connect to my PC.
so hopefully should get best of both worlds.

alibegovic

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
which is the best launcher you have tried?
Nova vs Action Launcher vs Microsoft vs Evie
i can't make my mind up. i like all of them..but i want to chose only one.
so want to see what other people opinion is. and maybe get some good advice.
TouchWiz aka Samsung Experience 8.1.

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the paid versions of both Action & Nova launcher and I keep coming back to Touchwiz. Google Now integration is not as good with Action or Nova launchers.