Media (Netflix/Hulu etc) volume very quiet while in a call using any calling app

flyafar

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
Hello! I have an issue with my phone. I'm trying to watch shows with someone, and I want to be in a call with them, but while we're talking (more specifically, when she's talking), the media volume lowers to almost inaudible except for dialogue. No background noise or music can really be heard. This makes watching things with someone fairly unenjoyable, and I really would like to fix this.

It sounds like an audio attenuation issue but I don't know how to solve it. In short, my phone seems to lower the volume of anything outside of the call significantly, which makes watching videos with someone while on a call nearly undoable.

EDIT: Unfortunately skype/discord/VoIP apps have the same problem

Last edited:

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Your best bet would be to watch through a chrome browser on a pc or laptop. Look up Netflix Party for more information on this. The Xbox 360 had a party mode that was good for this as well, AFAIK, that feature is no longer available. Your phone is still primarily a phone first, so most apps are going to take a backseat to phone functions when on a call. The phone and apps just weren't designed for this type of use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana