Galaxy s8 review

zunaer

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
what are your reviews for the galaxy s8. how longs battery life last on hard usage? what are the problems with it? is it worth getting? etc

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
yes, price will go down on s8 when s9 comes out. but that's just what I do, always stay 1 year behind cuz I'm cheap.

Dr Awkward

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy S7 are still for sale and according to Consumer Reports price remains between 5 and $600 depending on the model (7 Edge is worth more) so a large discount will not happen.
Instead expect BOGO offers from carriers and probably more like $300 on a trade.

Samsung only runs these special deals a couple of times a year.
No activation charge like the current Verizon offer for used S7 which is $450 credit for trade, minus $30 activation fee and then you get a $150 gift card; the rest is in Verizon credits.

Going with Samsung got us a direct credit of $800 on the new phones.
Anyways the offer ended about 72 hours after it appeared.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I use my s8 with Bluetooth turned On to pair up to my Gear s3 frontier watch.

Battery usage stats / screen on time is a subjective topic as we all have our phones set up differently, however I get approximately 3 days usage.

I do power it down overnight.

I top up as and when.

I also prefer not to turn Off too many features just to drag out more juice.

The best battery saving tip I received a long time ago was to turn off the battery % sign and just enjoy the phone.

The s8 imo performs exemplary to my usage pattern and my wants and needs.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
S8 is hands down the best phone I've used (the note 8 is too big for my taste and the Pixel 2/XL I haven't had a chance to use)

Camera is amazing, design is 2nd to none, battery usually gets me to 4Hours screen on time from 11am to around 7pm (it isn't great but it isn't horrible either)

I always recommend this phone to anyone looking for a new smartphone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non