I have a Galaxy S8. I used to have a Motorola Droid 2. The feature I miss the most about my Droid, is that that I could say "Call Mom (or Dad) Mobile" and it JUST WORKED! I didn't have to "train it." It worked when my phone was locked. I didn't have to permit some "server in the sky" to record my every sound and keystroke in order for it to work...

So, that said....I have paid almost $775 for a phone, that is supposed to be cutting edge...And I can't even get it to make a phone call with a simple verbal cue...

All the tech companies are promoting their "artificial intelligence" and "neural networks" so that I can use it with my voice. Seems to me that I should be able to use my cutting edge device that includes a state of the art processor and microphone to verbally make a call while still maintaining a little bit of privacy...If the trade off is for tech companies to track my every move so that they can sell me advertising, then it seems to me I shouldn't have to pay for the phone...Just sayin...

Any suggestions on a third party app??

Thanks!
    01-26-2018 01:22 AM