Text/message icon

MarineDawg

May 7, 2017
Visit site
When I receive a message (I am using FB Messenger as a unified default) I get an icon on the side of the screen. If the contact does not have an assigned picture it will be the first letter of their first name. Makes sense. Except for some reason when I get one from my girlfriend it comes through as this icon (on the left mid screen) anyone now why this is or how I get it to display her picture which is there when I go to her contact info?

Attachments

• 5731.jpg
    5731.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 34

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
These look like "chat heads". You can disable them in the Facebook Messenger settings - touch your profile picture in the top right hand corner of the messenger home screen.

I think the picture comes from the user's Facebook profile. Does your girlfriend have a profile picture on Facebook?

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
She does but we're not friends on fb (she doesn't use fb)

That might be why you don't see a picture - because you're not friends on Facebook you may not have permission to see her profile picture, or Messenger may not be able to connect her message to any FB account. If these are SMS messages, you could simply use the built in Android SMS app instead.