If this has been posed before, please pardon the redundancy.

I am on an S8+ Verizon. I have owed it for four months without any problems.

Ever since the recent Oreo upgrade, the device takes significantly longer to charge; albeit through a wireless charger or via traditional wall-plug chargers.

Also, the power usage/drain is much more severe than it was pre-Oreo. And, yes, I have run the power optimizer several times. I also have wiped the cache partition several times. I am not what would be called a "power user," by any stretch.

The device does not get hot. Nor has it ever been dropped or anything of that sort.

Any guidance would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    04-02-2018 06:49 AM
    Any input on this?
    04-10-2018 09:25 AM
    Any input on this?
    Having the same problem. I have a LOT of apps on my phone, but I don't use a lot at once, and they don't appear to be running in the background. It just drains at least twice as fast as my s9 does, for no apparent reason.
    05-25-2018 10:38 AM
    I noticed yesterday a significant drain and charging duration increase. Quite frankly can't recall ever complaining over either issue since I purchased the phone a year ago. Perhaps I will have an opportunity to explore the "why" over this extended weekend.
    05-25-2018 02:40 PM

Ever since the recent Oreo upgrade, the device takes significantly longer to charge; albeit through a wireless charger or via traditional wall-plug chargers.

Also, the power usage/drain is much more severe than it was pre-Oreo. And, yes, I have run the power optimizer several times. I also have wiped the cache partition several times. I am not what would be called a "power user," by any stretch.

The device does not get hot. Nor has it ever been dropped or anything of that sort.

Thank you in advance.
    I would try doing a hard reset. All your data will be wiped so take the appropriate steps to back up first.

I reset my S8+ after I received Oreo and all has been fine since.
    05-25-2018 02:53 PM

Thank you in advance.
    Had the exact same symptoms post the oreo update. I put up with it for the past 2 months. About days ago just out of pure luck I was toying around in the apps list and noticed Bixby Global Home was consuming 14% battery. Disabled Bixby and the battery life is back to pre-oreo awesome levels again. Please note I've always had Bixby turned off as well as the hardware button disabled forever. This sneaky pest was the reason of battery drain all along. Glad I stumbled upon it and fixed it
    05-27-2018 11:05 AM