Apk files won't install

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,
I have just got a Samsung S8 phone. There are a couple of gambling apps that you can't get through the playstore so you download them from the companies website as apk files.

After I download the file I hit install and then it says "app not installed". This is happening for 3 different apk files.

When you google the problem it tells you to go to 'settings' and then 'lock screen and security' and then to check the option to 'allow downloads from unknown sources'. However this option is not there? It was on my S6.

Another article says go to 'settings' then 'apps' then push the 3 dots in top right corner, then 'special access', then 'install unknown apps'. In this section is a heap of apps. Every one I click on the button that says 'allow from this source' is greyed out and cannot be touched?

I'm lost at what to do to install these apk files?

Thanks,
Seb

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you get the phone from a carrier, or unlocked from Samsung?

Justice0800

May 5, 2018
Visit site
I got exactly the same problem on my S8+ I downloaded the APK but it wont instal, but I was able to install the APK on a different android phone. I tried installing on my S8+ in safe mode and restarting the phone but nothing. My phone is purchased on account from my supplier and I have wifi and mobile data setup. Is there some update that blocks APKs being installed?

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The option to install from unknown sources was moved after Oreo. I'm not exactly sure where. But what also could be your problem is the app might be made for a different processor. The play store automatically picks the right app for your phone, downloading them from a website doesn't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer