Just purchased a Samsung Galaxy 8. Things went smoothly until they made me change my Google password - twice. I still am unable to download new apps through the Google play store since they keep telling me I need to sign into my Google account. When I go to the sign-in online, I am greeted by Google with my own name, so I am already signed in, apparently. But I don't know which password it's signed in on. My carrier has been no help. Should I call Samsung?
    And is there any other way I can download new apps other than through the Google store? I feel I've been going around and around on this! All other things on the phone are working great so far.
    01-09-2019 08:14 PM
    Welcome.

Who is 'they' in your second sentence?
    01-10-2019 05:05 AM
    The problems with the password began when I tried to sign in on Google on the new phone....said it did not recognize password. Changed it. Tried to sign in. Did not recognize the new one. Changed again - same thing. Yet now I can't sign in at all because when I Google "sign in at Google" it takes me right to Google without having to sign in.

The message about having to sign in keeps showing up on the phone when I try to download an app from anywhere outside the apps Google play already has. I have no idea who is sending it. It also has shown up within Google play itself for various things which I can't even remember now. The main problem is I cannot download apps because I'm being blocked by either Google or Samsung.
    Also, I cannot see new e-mails at Gmail on the phone, though I can on my laptop.
    01-10-2019 07:28 AM
    The Google sign-in just shows what you signed in with the last time it was successful. If you changed any of that, you need to ignore what it's showing you and retype everything with the new info at the sign-in.

Were you already signed in on the laptop?

Have you signed out and re-signed in on the laptop?

If you had Gmail on the laptop and you were still getting emails, did you get confirmation emails about the password change?

Somehow with the password change, the phone is getting crossed up between account name and password.

Did the account name get changed somehow?
    01-10-2019 02:36 PM
    Thanks so much for your help. Actually, after phone support not going well at Samsung, Google, or my provider, I just took the phone to a cell phone repair shop. The guy figured it all out and got it up and running within a few minutes. All is working well now. Sometimes it's just better to deal face-to-face with someone!
    01-11-2019 11:23 AM