Will you buy the s9 or stick with the Note 8?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Just wondering if you will stick with the Note 8 when the S9 comes out and wait for the Note 9 or upgrade to the s9 Plus?

Personally I will stick with the Note 8. The S9 likely will be the Note 8 minus the spen with maybe a newer processor. Otherwise it will have the Note 8 features likely like dual camera and maybe 6gb of ram. I'm hearing the s9 might only have 4gb ram though and might be out in Feb.

It won't really be an upgrade over the Note 8.

Would you consider the Note 8 and s8 better than the iPhone X lol?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure how anyone can even answer this question seriously when we know nothing about the S9.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes I'll stick with the Note 8, couldn't be bothered changing again already in less than 6 months, note 9 time in 12 months would be earliest for me to consider, I am Note series biased though so that's just me, other people probably can't wait

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just bought my Note 8 today and I also have a S8+ that I bought in June. I've also had no problem skipping phone versions every other year. I used my Note 5 up until today and skipped the Note 7.

I'll see what happens next Spring with the S9 but no matter what, I never get rid of my old phones because I tend to use them off and on and swap any of my three T-Mobile sims between them.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
If I was to swap every 3 months or so there's a new latest/greatest out I would have to pay full whack every time and that's just to much, would be 1k every time the way prices are going, we just don't get the deals and same choice here in Ireland, I guess the market here are just to small

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I honestly only picked up the S8+ because I missed the Note 7. Now that I have the N8 I'm wait for the N9. The Note series tends to give you what the S series brings and adds to it.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
No, I don't like the S-line nearly as much as I like the Note-line of phones.

I'll keep my Note 8 until fall 2018. I'll upgrade to the Note 9 or maybe to something else then.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if you will stick with the Note 8 when the S9 comes out and wait for the Note 9 or upgrade to the s9 Plus?

Personally I will stick with the Note 8. The S9 likely will be the Note 8 minus the spen with maybe a newer processor. Otherwise it will have the Note 8 features likely like dual camera and maybe 6gb of ram. I'm hearing the s9 might only have 4gb ram though and might be out in Feb.

It won't really be an upgrade over the Note 8.

Would you consider the Note 8 and s8 better than the iPhone X lol?
I have to laugh here. S8 plus users got chewed out when they said the note 8 is a s8 plus with a s pen. And your saying the s9 will be a note 8 without a s pen. Too funny.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have to laugh here. S8 plus users got chewed out when they said the note 8 is a s8 plus with a s pen. And your saying the s9 will be a note 8 without a s pen. Too funny.

You do have to admit it basically is. Since I have both phones I can compare. Other than the dual camera the phones are nearly identical. If you have no need for the Spen, I'd say the Note 8 you're wasting your money and buy an s8 Plus for way cheaper.

I wanted the Spen so the Note 8 it is!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You do have to admit it basically is. Since I have both phones I can compare. Other than the dual camera the phones are nearly identical. If you have no need for the Spen, I'd say the Note 8 you're wasting your money and buy an s8 Plus for way cheaper.

I wanted the Spen so the Note 8 it is!
I know, but note fans jumped the s8 users for saying it. I just seen some humor there. Lol

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I had the S8+ which I loved. I am a Note fan so I had to get the N8 even though I said I wouldn't. There is a slight difference from the S8+ to the N8 but honestly not that much. I love the N8 it just feels like home. I will wait for the N9.