ohs getting the samsung S9 +?

snowboarders

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
so oh i going too get the samsung S9 pluse ? i no i will be getting it for me the S9 pluse is going too be a major upgrade over the S8 i have right now if any one plans on getting the normal S9 and if you all ready have the S8 that may not feel like a major upgrade too you but if you have the S8 and want too upgrade too the S9 pluse then that is going too be a major upgrade has it will have dual camra and 6GB of ram too where the normal S9 wont have that

CConn882

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
I won't be. I'm tired of Samsung software's poor performance. Every iteration anymore everyone swears there's no lag and then after 3 months there's a ton of lag anyway.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I won't be. I'm tired of Samsung software's poor performance. Every iteration anymore everyone swears there's no lag and then after 3 months there's a ton of lag anyway.

I've never had a Samsung device lag on me over time, but I've been disappointing in my last few Note devices. The Note7's battery debacle plus the Note8's freezing issues. I'm using a Nokia 8 right now which I love, but I'll be trading in my Note8 for the S9. Just wish it had the same RAM and camera as the S9+

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Haven't had this problem myself, but I purposely don't install many apps to my phone. On any android, things get weird when there are a lot of apps. Not like my iphone where i can install as many things as I want and it's fine.

Donkey Hodie

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I want to get the S9+ but only with the 7910 processor which I’ve read isn’t going to be in the US version. I’ve got a trip to Australia planned for March and if it’s out then and I can pick up an unlocked version I’ll get one.

Samsung’s history of shipping last gen processors to the US and the latest and greatest to Asia/ROW really pisses me off.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I should qualify my statement by saying latest & greatest available in the US. Keep in mind that Samsung optimizes Android better for Exynos than they do for Snapdragon. Still, for real-world tasks there won't be much, if any, noticeable differences (unless the primary use of your phone is to run benchmarks).

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Nonesense. No lag on my S8 or my Note 8. Both very heavily used from release.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm due to upgrade from my Nexus 6P, so I might go with the S9+ depending on how the stereo speakers sound. I don't have any experience with anything from AKG, but I hope the speakers sound as good as BoomSound on HTC.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm due to upgrade from my Nexus 6P, so I might go with the S9+ depending on how the stereo speakers sound. I don't have any experience with anything from AKG, but I hope the speakers sound as good as BoomSound on HTC.

I'm sure the leaks all say "tuned by AKG". As the headphones in the S8 / N8 were. Means they are still cheap made by some 3rd party. And utter pish.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I will likely get it. Since leaving my S8, I had an iPhone X, 8 plus, Pixel 2 and G6. None of them compare to what Samsung offers. Individually, they may do one or two things better, but none are the whole package like Samsung phones are.

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an S7 Edge and I'm interested in the S9+. Will I actually get one? That remains to be seen, I still may go Pixel 2XL. I like Samsung's software since they lightened up and I usually drop in Nova launcher when I need a change. But I would like to have stock android as well with no bloatware. The camera may end up being the decider.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I like Samsung phones but I love the page swipe on iPhone now. Have had all the note and s series. Not sure if I'll get back to Android unless Android implement the swipe function. However, the S9+ seems tempting so far.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I currently have an S7 Edge and I'm interested in the S9+. Will I actually get one? That remains to be seen, I still may go Pixel 2XL. I like Samsung's software since they lightened up and I usually drop in Nova launcher when I need a change. But I would like to have stock android as well with no bloatware. The camera may end up being the decider.

I don't get this argument anymore. "Stock" android is a white elephant. Why would you want it? What difference would it make?
What is stock anyway? AOSP ? , That runs like a bag of nails.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't get this argument anymore. "Stock" android is a white elephant. Why would you want it? What difference would it make?
What is stock anyway? AOSP ? , That runs like a bag of nails.

I think stock is light, fast and great for those who want that. Personally, after trying the Pixel 2 and iPhone X, I like both phones very much. But I find myself missing the Samsung bells and whistles. A Samsung phone is the only type I could keep for more than a year without getting bored. There’s just always features to discover, and they always come up with things that takes iOS and other Android phones years to finally adopt.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87