Verizon: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Unless you're actively using the "bloat", the device will be the exact same speed. They can easily be disabled on the Verizon version. Only Pro to the unlocked version is that you can easily switch carriers. However, for the time being, Verizon phones still come unlocked so not much of a benefit for people who buy the Verizon version. Mostly just cons to getting the unlocked except for the price. However, Best Buy eliminated the price difference as well. Now when Verizon starts locking the phones down in the name of "theft deterrent" then there will be a benefit to the unlocked. I hope one day Samsung starts pushing updates to the unlocked devices more quickly. That would be awesome.

i know verizon said they will start the "theft deterrent" in the spring luckily the s9 wont get hit with that. i use to buy the verizon models all the time, i bought the s8 plus from verizon last year but decided against it this year. paid off my s8+ and paid in full for the unlcoked s9+ dont wanna be i debt to verizon anymore lol

dankumm

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
i have verizon but didnt order through them, instead i went with samsung directly and ordered the unlocked version. said it should be here by the 14th. i have a question why did you guys order through verizon rather than samsung directly? the unlocked model was 100 bucks cheaper. i would love to hear

I was seriously considering samsung direct order but I ended up getting the Verizon version via best buy due to their 100 off. The reason was for me I upgrade every year and in order to be eligible to upgrade next year the fine print states on samsung you need to be enrolled in their 11.99 premium care plan otherwise you have to pay off the phone in full before upgrading next year. In short samsung would have essentially required me to pay 11.99 more a month to be able to upgrade next year....if I interpreted correctly

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Is this your speculation or do you have specific knowledge?
Speculation based on the past. I'm not an insider or anything. I would bet money though that you'll never see a 128gb Verizon version. If anything you might see an unlocked 128gb, but if that were the case it probably would have been available from the jump.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Is this your speculation or do you have specific knowledge?
I know you mentioned you were surprised that you hadn't seen more complaints about that. There's a reason why people aren't complaining. People don't care. I would consider myself a power user, but even I don't have 64gb worth of apps, and everything else can be stored on an SD card. 64gb with expandable storage is probably enough for 99.5% of their user base if not more than that. You'll notice that other than iPhones and the Pixel (which doesn't have expandable storage), most carriers don't seem to offer more than one storage sku of phones. There's a reason for that. The higher storage Skus don't sell. If you don't have people who visit forums complaining though, I can just about guarantee you that the general consumer couldn't care less.

rflores5432

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes my 9+ came to $812 after $100 off with BB too. I was expecting it to be more. Of course that was not counting the $64 sales tax and $30 activation fee.

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Got the unlocked from Samsung for use on VZ. Odd that VZ only offered $250 for my trade and Samsung offered $350. No brainer.

Freemason

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know when people who pre-ordered from Verizon will get their phones? The site says "Ships on 03/16/20018". I called Verizon and they couldn't answer my question.

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
My confirmation email from Verizon states by 3/12 since I am a Verizon Up customer but we will see. I ended up having to cancel my order on launch date on Friday and reorder this morning to take advantage of device dollar credits through the Verizon Up program. My second comfirmation email is still showing 3/12 though.

khabi

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
wifi calling and video calling arent enough for me to pay the extra money. i get great reception everywhere i go (dallas,Tx area) and i do facetime with my fiance on my macbook. video calling quality isnt nearly as good as facetime so i will pass lol

Verizon customer service has publicly stated on Twitter that the only feature that won't work on the unlocked S9/S9+ is the visual voicemail. They specifically stated WiFi calling will work on unlocked. Now whether that's the truth or not, who knows, I'm counting on it being true. I tried to embed the tweets for proof, but mods blocked me.

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Verizon customer service has publicly stated on Twitter that the only feature that won't work on the unlocked S9/S9+ is the visual voicemail. They specifically stated WiFi calling will work on unlocked. Now whether that's the truth or not, who knows, I'm counting on it being true. I tried to embed the tweets for proof, but mods blocked me.

I asked this question (WiFi calling) on VZW's phone support, and was told it would work.

Then I went into a VZW store and asked and was told it would not.

I went with the branded device since that will work for sure, and it is a deal-breaker for me to be without it.

Should be interesting to hear what people's experiences are with the unlocked devices with respect to WiFi calling once their phones are in-hand and activated.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
wifi calling and video calling arent enough for me to pay the extra money. i get great reception everywhere i go (dallas,Tx area) and i do facetime with my fiance on my macbook. video calling quality isnt nearly as good as facetime so i will pass lol

You also won't have Verizon voicemail so use an alternate option.

the mav

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
I preordered the S9 plus this evening. Im being told I will get it early as I am an "UP" member? Anyone else here about that?

Grey Gillette

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
So I'm hearing conflicted reports about the actual release, phone-in-hand date for Best Buy preorders. Some say the 12th, others say Friday the 16th. How does the Verizon Up program affect this? I thought I was enrolled but BB told me the 16th.

the mav

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
I was told by a moronic Verizon that it would ship and be here this week. I’ve hear it will arrive on the 12th yet my ship data shows 03/16

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S9+ 64GB in Lilac Purple
Deliver by : 03/16/2018
Verizon Up exclusive:
Because you're with Verizon Up, you'll receive your device early. Estimated delivery by 3/12

Above is from my order confirmation email...delivery BY Is estimated but hope they are right!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress