AT&T: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

kcodya

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Update:
The online agent assures me I can pick up the phone today and has added notes to my account:

Attachments

• 20180316_082248.jpg
    20180316_082248.jpg
    881 KB · Views: 17

gogoplata1980

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Update:
The online agent assures me I can pick up the phone today and has added notes to my account:
Well, considering I have a chat transcript from them that told me the stores or the Ecomdepartment can cancel my order which has turned out to be untrue, I'd say they're blowing smoke.

daytrippin

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Good luck. After more time on the phone it is pretty clear that there are two steps to resolving the problem. The first is removing the "parked equipment" from the account. They have done that for me so that I can add a device as an upgrade. The second is "reversing the upgrade" so that you don't pay more than you should to upgrade. That requires the order to be cancelled. They are still working on that. I seem to be making baby steps again. Not going to have high expectations yet.

Foleyt14

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
What time zone are yall in? My store opens at 10c so I'll update once I figure out what's going on. If either of you are eastern let us know what they say!

kcodya

May 22, 2011
Visit site
My apologies guys, they actually weren't able to. They kept saying they got it taken care of, but in the end they didn't. I don't know what to do at this point.

gogoplata1980

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's really ridiculous. They keep saying they can't cancel a complete order. But I keep reminding them it's not complete as they haven't done anything.

I even asked the lady this morning when I get my paycheck from AT&T. She laughed and asked why I'd get one. I told her it was because I must be an employee considering I know nothing and can do nothing. Just like them.

Foleyt14

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Same situation as you guys. In the store they can't even access the online order to cancel it. He told me to try Calling again to see if they would be able to cancel the order and release the upgrade. It doesn't seem like they'll be able to based on what you guys have discovered

kcodya

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying online one more time, but I don't have anymore time to waste on this this weekend.
EDIT: It's no use, they don't have a clue. First they say delivery dates aren't guaranteed, weather etc. Then they say, "Oh, it might still be delivered today." I'm done with this for now.

Foleyt14

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Okay I tried chat one more time and supposedly the order was cancelled and I can upgrade at the store this afternoon. I'm sure it won't work. Why does it seem like more people aren't having the same issues?

gogoplata1980

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Okay I tried chat one more time and supposedly the order was cancelled and I can upgrade at the store this afternoon. I'm sure it won't work. Why does it seem like more people aren't having the same issues?
I'm sure more are but not many are nerds like us. Can we confirm also that this only the black version?

Mine is. Others in here have been as well.

Foleyt14

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Yes, mine was a black s9+.

When I went to the store they said they had "plenty", and I was the only person there so clearly not a huge demand.

Foleyt14

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
So my guess is that the CSRs are simply putting in a cancel request and it goes to a different department. Does anyone know who that department is and how to contact them directly? Is that who has been telling you that they can't cancel a fulfilled order? With enough pushing this has to be possible to resolve.

gogoplata1980

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
So my guess is that the CSRs are simply putting in a cancel request and it goes to a different department. Does anyone know who that department is and how to contact them directly? Is that who has been telling you that they can't cancel a fulfilled order? With enough pushing this has to be possible to resolve.
Pfft, I spent all day yesterday trying to figure that out.

kcodya

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Well, when I was at the store, they spent quite a bit of time talking to different reps and wern't able to do anything.

Foleyt14

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Talked to a number of people and was told only the Ordering Team could handle it but I won't be about to call for a while. Number given was 8662674510 is that who you've been fighting with already?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty