Good texting app

the mav

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
I need a texting app that will work with the galaxy and an iPad. I’m the only one in the family that will be in android so I want to be able to text my kids. I guess WhatsApp doesn’t work on the iPad. Kind of sucks. Any ideas?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Use whatsapp. It's universal. Works on iOS and Android.

But sadly it requires all the other people you talk with to install it as well. For some people that is fine and they can get friends to do it .. for others they can't so even if it is universal it is useless if you can't message who you want.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So I download textra and it will work? I ask because textra isn’t in the Apple App Store

For anything to work on iPad / Your Android phone you would need a completely separate message service (like WhatsApp). Apple hasn't really mad SMS and stuff doable via iPad except when paired w/ an iPhone.

mnmacht77

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Check out Verizon Message+. Works on Android, iOS (including ipad) and desktop. You do not have to use Verizon service to use it. I use it on iPad and Android. If Google could take Allo and Android Messenges and smash them together to make a SMS app that supports RCS and peer to peer encrypted messaging it would make a lot of happy people.

mrcrusha829

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Install Google Allo and Duo on the kids devices and then on your phone. You will be able to message them with Allo and also video chat with them with Duo.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I need a texting app that will work with the galaxy and an iPad. I’m the only one in the family that will be in android so I want to be able to text my kids. I guess WhatsApp doesn’t work on the iPad. Kind of sucks. Any ideas?

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to do, but if you just want to send text messages back and forth, you don't need to do anything special. The built in Messages app works fine. Most of my friends have iphones using imessage and we text back and forth all the time.