Texting issue

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
For the last few weeks I have been having issues with my texting to a group of people. Individual text work fine. I've switched to Google messages from the Samsung but no difference. Anybody else having issues or have a fix for this? Could this be a problem with my carrier? I use Spectrum which uses Verison's network.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is this happening with groups that have iPhones? Is the issue with you receiving the messages or replying to them? Group texts are handled as Multimedia Messages and, depending on your carrier, they may not work over WiFi and require a valid mobile data connection to go through. Does it happen with 'random' groups or specific contacts?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I think it's been only with groups of iPhone users. All but me have been assimilated into the apple collective. I receive texts just fine. It's when I try sending to the group. I do have a valid mobile data connection. I really only have two groups that I text with and it happens with both. Some times, if I go into settings and force stop the text app, it will go immediately. Other times, not so much. Tried rebooting my phone and that worked for a single group text. Then hangs again.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I think it's been only with groups of iPhone users. All but me have been assimilated into the apple collective. I receive texts just fine. It's when I try sending to the group. I do have a valid mobile data connection. I really only have two groups that I text with and it happens with both. Some times, if I go into settings and force stop the text app, it will go immediately. Other times, not so much. Tried rebooting my phone and that worked for a single group text. Then hangs again.
Did you try to delete group text and start new ? I've seen that work for similar issues

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
With MMS it was most likely an issue on the server side... Maybe the carrier fixed something on their end? Anyway, I hope you don't see any issues anymore!

Reactions: Roosterman

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000