4k video wallpapers? Pretty cool.

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Pretty cool that now we can assign videos and gifs as lock screen wallpapers. I went on a mission trying to find some high quality gifs and realised the better way to go was high quality videos.

Found myself looking up 4k and 8k videos on YouTube to download except most videos outside of nature demos have the black bars and top and bottom of the screen so on the lock screen it doesn't fill it up entirely.

Eventually I settled on a 4 min 4k IMAX clip from Captain America Civil War. I just spliced the video to the part with Spiderman jumping on the car, holding Cap's shield and it just loops the 3 sec video. It's high quality and actually looks pretty cool on the lock screen.

Wondering if you guys have found some of your own really cool ones. Made a gif of my lock screen below.

Spiderman.jpg

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I've had for about 2 weeks or so. If it's draining more battery I honestly can't say it's substantial enough to notice. Besides, the lock screen is barely active. I have AOD enabled so the lock screen only displays for a few seconds anytime I'm unlocking my phone.

Which means even if I'm unlocking my phone 30 times a day, that only amounts to 1.5 minutes worth of the video looping.

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I did not understand, in what way did you put a video on your cell phone and?

If you go into you "gallery", you can find any video and assign it as a wallpaper on your lock screen. So you can either use video you've already recorded yourself or assign a video you have saved. If you have a movie trailer or movie the phone allows you to edit it to the part you want and use that. Maximum length is 15 seconds long.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So can you add gifs to AOD now or even Lock Screen? My phone showed AOD had an update and I don't think it finished cause it got stuck and never said open so I think I still have the old version but when I went to change my AOD I had different ones than before.

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for so the questions, but can you walk us through exactly how you took a YouTube clip & put it on your lock screen? Kinda interested in doing this.

You can do download the clip using any method you prefer on a PC or laptop then transfer to the phone. Or use an app like TubeMate (I sideloaded it) to download direct from YouTube.

Once on the phone just go to the location of your videos in the gallery app. Press the 3 dots at the top and select "Set as Wallpaper". It will give you a preview. If the clip is too long, or if there's a specific part of the clip you prefer to use press "Edit". Then you can splice the video to exactly what to want to use.

Max length is 15 seconds. I recommend something no longer than 5 seconds.

Hope that helps.

blazablaz

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
You can do it from edge screen using smart select. Go on YouTube, find the clip you want. Swipe for the edge to capture gif up to 15 sec. Than just chose it as your lock screen.

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can do that too. However, gif quality is horrible in comparison to a 4k mp4 file (just an as FYI). But your call.

blazablaz

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Nope your absolutely right about that, I agree. I think the option i gave is better for aod which I've should have said. Can 4k quality be used in aod? I've been using the theme store for lock screen vids but that spiderman you have is far better.

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes, definitely for the AOD a gif works best I agree. Though finding a nice one that looks good for the AOD is tough.

And yes, you can use a 4k video for the AOD if you really want. But it's probably overkill lol.

The theme store stuff is absolute garbage. That's why I thought I'd ask if anyone else here has another site they recommend for wallpaper video clips or gifs. I don't mind doing or scrounging for my own but the work is tedious at times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19