How to get an alarm notification when I'm on a phone call?

LazyLightning

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I have various alarms set during the day but if I'm on a phone call I sometimes miss them because there is barely a sound or notification. Actually I think there's one or two quick beeps that I usually don't hear.

Does anyone know if there is a setting or third party app to get the alarm to notify me even when I'm on a call?

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Open the Phone app, then tap the three dots in the upper right to open the menu, then select Settings. Scroll down to Call alerts, then turn on the toggle for "Notify during calls."

Rosarina

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Fast forward.... I have the same problem on my Galaxy S21 and it's a HUGE problem. If I'm concentrating on a phone call I don't even hear those 2 or 3 very tiny and low beeps! This is a disaster. I live by my many alarms and I'm often on the phone when they go off. What is Samsung thinking? That's why you give the user so much choice on other things, but here you've decided what's right for me and I can't change it.

In Phone app, I have Allow alarm/notification sounds in calls turned ON
In Clock app, I have a custom tune selected.
Under Notifications, I have Upcoming Alarms turned ON, Alert ON & Show as pop-up ON. Alarm and timer alerts is OFF (grayed out) by default (unable to turn this on), which seems inappropriate.

I've spent hours with Verizon & Samsung trying to figure out why I only get those 2 low beeps instead of my custom Alarm sound to ring when I'm on a call. Furthermore, the little pop-up clock that I was able to get to come up is rather useless, because I don't usually see it if I'm concentrating on a call or looking at my monitor AND there's no "x" to close it. The pop-up doesn't go away until you turn off the alarm that just happened, which requires you to turn it back on again if it's a daily alarm (as many of mine are).

If this is not a bug, it sure is a huge design flaw and shortcoming! If there's user flexibility needed anywhere, it's with alarms. No-one wants to miss an alarm!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress