Galaxy S9 and S9+ owners, were there any other phones you were considering?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
At the time only the Pixel had me intrigued (I'm done giving LG a chance). But since I'm on T-Mo's JOD!, the Pixel was a harder sell because of their freakin' Verizon exclusivity. That and the fact that I have now become very much addicted to using Samsung Pay, wireless charging, and waterproofing made the S9+ choice a lot easier. Plus it looks soooo pretty! haha But Pixel camera rules.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
HTC U11+ 6GB/128GB Dual-SIM version. Samsung's software features are what swayed me to stay with yet another Galaxy smartphone.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't think There is anything that can beat the S9+ as of now...I have LG 6 as a spare phone....let's see what Note 9 offers

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Considered the Pixel 2 but the massive forehead and chin made it a non-starter.

And I'm not an XL or Plus fan. I got the regular S9 and love it.

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Pixel 2xl, LG V35 Thinq and iPhone X(briefly). No expendable storage or headphone jack killed the Pixel and iPhone. And I have given up on LG. Two V20's and an G6 died on me in the last few years. So I figured I'd give Samsung another shot. Haven't had one since the S3. Loving the S9+ so far.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Not am S9 owner but I came from Samsung and left after they sealed up their phones and didn't have removable battery and went to LG V series. Had a V10 that bootlooped of course. Sold it (warranty replacement) when the V20 came out and I still have that phone. Now have the V30. I stayed with LG because the audio on the LG is exceptional with headphones with the hifi quad dac and the wide angle cameras are keeping me with LG. I go to alot of concerts and the audio recording that uses receiver as mic (concert mode) records clearly in the loudest of environments. No bass clipping.

Just my take since you seemed to be wanting comparison opinions. My fiancée has a G6 that she traded her iPhone 7 for. She as well loves the wide angle cameras and the removable storage. She was always filling up her phone with video. We both have 256GB cards.

The only thing the S9 has that I wish my V30 had is 4k60fps video recording. All that being said I'd be happy with an S9, but last time I picked up a Note 8 and tried to record video, not having the wide angle really made me feel limited. But S10 and the next note are likely to have wide angle.

Bubbles74

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
I almost got a pixel 2xl, but the s9 won out in the end. I liked the camera more, headphones, notification light. I had an original pixel that got stuck in a bootloop, then I went to moto... this is a big change from z2 force but I love this s9. I feel so fancy! Lol!

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I considered the Pixel 2 XL but put a lid on that idea as soon as I read about the myriad of issues with the display, lack of micro SD support / headphone jack, less waterproofing etc etc. Not to mention I've been using wireless charging for the last 5 years I just am not prepared to let go of the most convenient of features (for me).

moises1204

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
It's simply the best all around phone to date, I usually like small phones, and the regular s9 check all of the boxes, I love te pixel phones but that danm chin and bezels are deal braker for me.

jeastman14

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Got a BOGO @ Costco for a couple of S9+'s
Got $300 in Costco cash cards
Got $50 Sprint credit
Got 2 cell phone travel kits.

Pretty good deal I think.....

snarkyman

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
My 3 year old HTC One M9 was dying even after replacing the battery. My previous criteria was good speakers and external storage. This time, I wanted a beautiful screen and great camera. The S9 has both, while keeping good speakers and external storage, AND I get to keep the headphone jack. The S9 is the best phone I've ever owned.

Steven Perez3

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
To be honest, it was because of a deal while working for AT&T. Employees at the time of launch were given a half off deal as we completed various Samsung trainings. I had my S8+ and loved it, and thought "What the heck?" So I did the trainings and bought the phone.

AustinPaul

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
If so, what were they? What made you go with the Galaxy?
Had an S7 Edge as a back up to my S8 (had an S8+ too, but gave it to my wife). Was in no hurry to get the S9, but when Samsung offered me $300 for the S7, I jumped on it. The S7 wasn't holding a charge too well, so it made it easy. At this time next year, I'll probably get the S10 or X or whatever in trade for my S8.