Newby help please

Chris9181

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I've just moved over from the dark side and wondered if you can help with this please?

1. I've got my text/WhatsApp notification on my lockscreen but how can I keep them on my homescreen when I unlock phone?

2. I occasionally get a notification to say it has closed down some apps running in background but some on the list are apps I haven't opened, such as voice recorder as one example. Is there a way of stopping apps from actually opening in the first place?

Thanks in advance. Love the phone btw

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there!
1) Unless you dismiss the notification from the lockscreen, they should still be there when you unlock your phone...BUT they won't be on the home screen, they're in the notification bar (swipe down from the top to expand it and see all your pending notifications). If you, however, dismiss the notification from the lockscreen or mark it as read, then the notification is also dismissed from the notification bar. If what you want are unread counters, depends on the phone and launcher you're using. For texting, at least, the S9 does support unread counters on the app icon on the stock launcher. If you use something like Nova as your launcher, then you might need an extra 'plug in' to allow this.

2) Some system apps will always 'launch' themselves into the background as they might be part of another process or if they are apps that sync data to the cloud. They're not actually 'running' and unless any of these are actively using up your battery or data, you shouldn't worry about them. BUT if you're feeling adventurous, you can always try to disable apps from the Application manager (Settings, Applications, find the app you want to disable). IF there is no disable option, then that is flagged as a system app, and yup, cannot be disabled.

Chris9181

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
Thank you very much!

Do you do anything with your nav bar, remove or can you make it transparent so it blends in with whatever screen you're in? Just trying yo make most of full screen.

Also (sorry), talking of full screen, to get camera mode to show in full screen it takes it off full quality (12mp). Anyway round this, is it best to just leave it in 12mp mode?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can customize it to be always hidden and only show when you swipe up, or have a mini-button there to hide and re-lock at will. No transparent mode unless a Theme you apply from the Theme Store supports it (I don't think there are any that do) or use apps like Substratum (but not for the faint of heart and you MIGHT need root to make it work, not sure).

As for the camera, if you're talking about the full screen preview, it will always 'cut off' the image. Remember that your camera sensor is a 4:3 rectangle while your screen is an 18.5:9 one. If you want to fit the first into the latter, you only have two choices: cut off the edges or squeeze the image in (and either add black bars to make it fit, or distort the image to fill the screen). If you want to take pictures that make the use of the full sensor, you need to stick to 4:3 resolution options.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch