Blue tint when viewing the screen from the side angle

android_freak1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy has this blue tint on the display screen when I tilt it to the side. However, when I view the screen at a normal viewing angle, then its fine. Is this normal for all Galaxy S9 devices since these are made of OLED display screens?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, all displays will distort at certain angles (you can see this as 'viewing angle' in ALL display reviews for phones, tablets, TVs, etc.). You can lessen the effect by tweaking the color, but it will still distort after a certain angle.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unless they turn 'smurf blue' at 45 degrees, you shouldn't be worried (again, ALL types of displays will have some distortion at an angle...this one is a bit exaggerated because of the curved display). But if you feel like you might have a defective unit, just go to a store and compare to another one.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah all AMOLED screens have some color shifting. The blue tint of the pixel 2 XL was an extreme example. The s9/9+ are still the best displays around, noon other device equals it. So I wouldn't be too bothered. Besides in display settings you can adjust the color calibration of the display.

android_freak1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
No, it’s just a blue tint. I tested this on a white background like from the Messages app or other white background colors.

Again, appears to be normal when viewing the phone at a normal 45 degree angle.

Is this normal?

crossdeath

Oct 18, 2018
Visit site
Yes, it's normal. I've had a few devices that had this pink hue right before the blue shift, but now I have a device which only has a bit of blue shifting, so that's okay.