My Galaxy S 9 has a yellow tint to the screen

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have tried all the fixes on the internet but it wont go back to white. When I first turn it on, the wording is black and white and then it opens up to a yellowish tint. Any one ever had this?

crossdeath

Oct 18, 2018
Visit site
I have tried all the fixes on the internet but it wont go back to white. When I first turn it on, the wording is black and white and then it opens up to a yellowish tint. Any one ever had this?

I went through 5 (yes, five!) Galaxy S9+ devices to finally get a screen that looks nice. Every single one up to the fifth device had either a pink hue or a yellow tint to it. I guess it's just a lottery when it comes to getting a nice screen. You should try getting a replacement.

VioletDeiji

Jul 6, 2019
Visit site
I was having this issue as well and tried all sorts of stuff in advanced options for display..etc. etc. So I thought maybe it's an app that is interfering with the back lighting. Go figure it was Play Books. I read alot so I usually bring down the lighting on the screen for those binge reading nights. Play Books has an option for night mode. Play Books>Select downloaded book (doesn't matter which one)> At the top right select Aa for text options>Night Mode> Turn off night mode. There's also an intensity slider that you can adjust. I set it to the lowest setting and turned off night mode. Voila! White screen again. Hope this helps!!

pauljjr

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I was having this issue as well and tried all sorts of stuff in advanced options for display..etc. etc. So I thought maybe it's an app that is interfering with the back lighting. Go figure it was Play Books. I read alot so I usually bring down the lighting on the screen for those binge reading nights. Play Books has an option for night mode. Play Books>Select downloaded book (doesn't matter which one)> At the top right select Aa for text options>Night Mode> Turn off night mode. There's also an intensity slider that you can adjust. I set it to the lowest setting and turned off night mode. Voila! White screen again. Hope this helps!!

Yes same happened to me.
Went through both Samsung and Verizon Tech Support and they could not correct the problem.
I found the fix by some real detective work ... yes, Play Books Light Intensity was the issue.
Some time ago I relayed this to Verizon and they put the fix in the computer look-up data base for all to use in a search for this issue.
Let us know if this works for you.
Thanks.