system takes almost all the space

bigmotion

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
have deleted a lot of stuff and ending up with 726 mb of free space and apps are on 1.95 mb and the rest sums up to 113 mb , so a question pupped up where did the rest of the space go ?

I downloaded an app witch is called diskusage and it shows the space that is taken by what, but not the specifics, but an overall picture. The most space was taken by system data 8694 mb and doesn't give the specifics, so i don't know where to look in the system data or how to free up some space and that is why i came to this wonderfull site.

Hope to hear an answer soon, because i was thinking of deleting the whole thing, but isn't the best solution. Thanks in advance for the trouble to be taken.

bigmotion

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I just came on to an app that lets you see a lot more in details pretty neat app called storage analyzer
I am deleting some stuff for more free space. thanks in advance

there is still something else and that is the no option to store on an external disk when downloading is there an answer to that.

bigmotion

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
used the storage analyzer app, but it didn't give me all the specifics. I just freed up to 1.02 gb , so from 726 mb to 1.02 gb
I need real help as to what takes the space so mutch and how to tackle it. thanks in advance

bigmotion

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
actually when i went through the settings of the storage analyzer, one can change some settings with regard to the listings (how mutch) and then boom it show you way more and thus I saw that a folder called LOG data/log was the one that took all of the space, there a lot of dumps and each 5 to 6 mb
I could by the way be wrong about changing the settings and that it shows up in time after waiting, then you have to be patient, so the folder log took like almost 9gb and the space was taken bit by bit each time with a message that i was out of space, than i went deleting something and so on and this was of course when most of the space already was taken.

Thanks for reading and I have still one question and that is how to move apps (it says each time that your phone doesn't support moving apps) form internal to external ?

Thanks in advance for the trouble to be taken

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I've never heard if system logs taking up that much space, even if they are user generated.

You could try booting into recovery and clearing your cache, although that may not delete the log files.

I'll do some research into how to disable the logging, or at least how to see what's creating them. Although I have a suspicion it may be the kernel, and some of the useless binaries Samsung included.

As for the apps, you cannot move them to the sdcard without root. As official support for apps2sd ended with 4.0 (ICS).

Any app you download to do so with will only provide an interface for it, and not actually allow you to do it. However if you root, you can use link to sd, which is pretty reliable and stable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2