Help! Galaxy S3 got wet and now the touch screen won't work

Sam Adam2

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I've accidentally dropped my Samsung Galaxy S3 in the toilet. I immediately took it out, along with the battery and the sim, and dried it with a towel.
I then used a vacuum for 20 minutes to get out any remaining water droplets and the left the phone in a closed container full of rice for 48 hours.
After switching it back on last night, it was working fine for a while but then the touch screen started to act up and now the touch screen won't work at all.

I've removed the battery, but short of doing a factory reset, is there anything else I could do to fix the touchscreen issue?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated thanks.

Last edited:

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a phone geek or anything but I think the Digitizer is what deals with the touch screen. If your touchscreen isn't working then that means it's most likely damaged. You can buy another one on eBay or maybe amazon and have it repaired. Let the phone sit a lil longer and see what happens. If not then the Digitizer is shot. Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Sam Adam2

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I decided to just leave my phone in rice for another couple of days and when I turned it on yesterday, it was as good as new!

The rice trick always seems to work :)

M1GarandPatton

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Same for me. My phone dropped in the water and screen stopped being responsive. I took it completely apart and soaked the motherboard in rubbing alcohol for 3 hrs and light scrub with a clean soft tooth brush . Dried it out and let it sit for 3 days. Put it back together and plugged it in to fully charge the battery and after 3 times starting and pulling and replacing the battery it started to work again perfectly. Dont give up on it. If it does not work pull it apart and pull and reconnect the connectors.