Galaxy S7 Edge got stuck on logo screen, now on charging screen. Soft reset no help

Alter103

Oct 25, 2022
Visit site
Hello.

Suddenly the phone got stuck on Logo screen. It was on charge for 10-15 minutes and was not hot. Volume Down+Power keys were resetting but the result didn't change. Upon pressing Volume UP+Home+Power key - the screen could go black and no responsive again. Red led was persistent all the time. After some time Volume Down+Power key again could work bring the screen back to Samsung Logo screen - that's all.

I left the screen on to drain battery faster. It drained.

When I plug it to charging the Battery icon appears but it also gets stuck. No Green dot blinking or % progress. Also Red led light doesn't turn on anymore.

It doesn't react anything except power reset maybe - however that doesn't make a change - the phone restarts(?) & shows only the information it got at first second - that's all. I plug out, it drains again so screen turns off. Then I repeat the process - no change.

I am on a trip and I do all primary things there, so it's very frustrating loosing a working phone.

Is there any other ways to troubleshoot and fix it?

Thank you.

Alter103

Oct 25, 2022
Visit site
Thank you.

I'm not sure - got it from my friend and I resemble him telling something about battery change I think. Will ask him tomorrow.
You think it can be battery related issue? It held the charge pretty well before got drained completely.

Sorry I replied to the general thread, instead of your post. Please look below.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you.

I'm not sure - got it from my friend and I resemble him telling something about battery change I think. Will ask him tomorrow.
You think it can be battery related issue? It held the charge pretty well before got drained completely.

Sorry I replied to the general thread, instead of your post. Please look below.
No worries I see your reply

Possible but going to boot logo that's usually means soft bricked phone , can you get into the recovery menu?

Alter103

Oct 25, 2022
Visit site
No worries I see your reply

Possible but going to boot logo that's usually means soft bricked phone , can you get into the recovery menu?

It was going to logo screen before - upon crash(?). Now the phone screen lights on after I plug it in - and shows Battery charging icon - that's all. No progress and no response. Can't get to Recovery menu. If I try - the screen will get blank (like it did with logo screen stuck).
Before drain, I had to use reset again to get the screen bring back. The reset was not responsive every time, but from time to time I could get it back to logo screen from blank.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sounds like the battery, I believe this is sealed in the phone and needs to take apart to replace might not be worth considering the age of your device

Alter103

Oct 25, 2022
Visit site
I see.

Tomorrow I will go find some phone service to ask about it. Well...if to consider that I can save information - it might be worth - which depends on the price they will ask. I have limited time here - it is sad that will have to get busy with it instead of seeing the city.

Alter103

Oct 25, 2022
Visit site
Update:
The service center put a new battery - the issue remained with boot up screen. So it was not because of the battery. The cause could be a malfunctioned motherboard - which I think is very possible.

Alter103

Oct 25, 2022
Visit site
They assumed it can be related with motherboard and price for repair in laboratory (without part change) could to be ~120EUR. That was too much for an old phone. Maybe I will try to show another place on the next days.