nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Why do you think you need it? From everything I've ever read the only difference between 3.1 and 3.2 is that 3.2 has support for 7" tablets (which obviously you don't need). I thought there was some sort of additional version of flash available but I Just looked and don't think that's true.

So, why do you care?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would much rather have ICS than to worry about getting 3.2 at this point. I'm hoping that Samsung will give us at least one-update to ICS before the Tab 10.1's end of life.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Why do you think you need it? From everything I've ever read the only difference between 3.1 and 3.2 is that 3.2 has support for 7" tablets (which obviously you don't need). I thought there was some sort of additional version of flash available but I Just looked and don't think that's true.

So, why do you care?

Not true...3.2 also has the option to stretch apps to full screen if they're not running at native (tablet) resolution - so it would make perfect sense to bring it to 10.1 tablets along with 7 inch'ers

The bigger question is: Why do you care that he wants to know if anyone has any information???? He asked a question - if you don't know....just don't say anything...

Jack

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I care simply because there is often a general idea from users here that they need to have the latest without always knowing why they think they need the latest. It's reasonable to ask why someone thinks they need something if there doesn't seem to be a need for it. Maybe I'm missing something (which in this case seems to be true and thank you for pointing out the widget stretching which I didn't see referenced elsewhere), maybe they are worrying about if for nothing. So, your 'bigger question' really wasn't a bigger question after all.

Derek1267

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Please I'm not a general user. I was frankly curious; even more so how Samsung's track record wasn't so well in the past, so it makes me wonder

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I care simply because there is often a general idea from users here that they need to have the latest without always knowing why they think they need the latest. It's reasonable to ask why someone thinks they need something if there doesn't seem to be a need for it. Maybe I'm missing something (which in this case seems to be true and thank you for pointing out the widget stretching which I didn't see referenced elsewhere), maybe they are worrying about if for nothing. So, your 'bigger question' really wasn't a bigger question after all.

Please don't take anything I say, harsh as I might sound, as directed at you personally - didn't mean it that way - even though I do have a tendency to sound accusatory most of the time. That's not something I'm prepared to work on - just one of the little foibles that makes us who we are :)

I get somewhat exacerbated when I see posts like that because typically forums are filled with people who want to tell people what they need to get, think, etc ad-nausea. Again, this isn't directed at you - but I've seen post after post that proves it out

As far as "need" goes - there really hasn't been a "need" at all to upgrade versions of Android after 2.2 - from an end-user experience, much past flash - there hasn't been anything quantifiable different from 2.2 to beyond sans some performance improvements here and there - so I take most upgrades as leisurely strolls down the path of security fixes and incremental software releases....so I don't know that I'd say anyone "needed" to upgrade - so to that end, I guess we agree!

:)

Jack

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
no problem. I usually have the same frustration with responses like that (and i suppose like my original response in the thread) and am generally pretty good about not doing it myself. In this case i honestly wasnt aware of a single change in 3.2 that would have any impact at all so put it in a slightly different category.

Regarding your language, i suffer from the same problem and my 'typing tone' is often too direct...also something that will probably never change about me...perhaps i should consider excessive emoticon use to identify those situations in the future...:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer