Question Min Power for Max Data Transfer for USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 (20 Gbps) etc ?

Jimmy Recard

Aug 22, 2021
Visit site
Hello

I'd like to know the minimum power specs to look for in a USB-C and/or USB-A cables to ensure the Full/ Maximum Data Transfer for USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 (20 Gbps) ?
For example, Amperage, Wattage, Voltage in/out etc?

This is for use with PC, Smart TV, External Drives, and other Android devices.

We all know a lot of sellers are misleading with the weaselly way they describe capabilities of tech for sale...
I'm worried I might buy a cable listed as "Up to - USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 (20 Gbps) speeds," and yet it might not get up to that full speed at all because the power for the cable wasn't quite enough ?

You know, like in a similar way to how they advertise home solar panel systems packages where they have either one of - the power distribution system, or the solar panels - as being far underpowered/less capable than the other item. So they advertise the package with the biggest, most powerful sounding number... and yet people don't understand that that's not what they'll actually get because one item is vastly limited.

That's the kind of thing I'm wary of happening.

Maybe this doesn't work this way just with cables, I don't know?

If anyone can find a list of min power levels for max speed for all the various levels of USB eg... USB 3.2 Gen 2x2, USB 3.2 Gen 2, USB 3.2 Gen 1 etc and so on and so on... that would be very useful. Then I can buy the best value min/max power spec cable for max speed tailored to the max speeds of each of my various devices (which are all different USB types).

That way, I could save a bit of money but still get the best cables for the job (rather than just buying loads of highest spec cables even tho they won't all be capable of using all that speed).

Other than that... I assume the only way to try to ensure a cable is even capable of the full speed of your max usb type (in your pc etc), is if they simply list that specific usb type on the item sale page?
E.g. if the ad lists... "for USB 3.2 Gen 2x2" or "up to 20 Gbps" ?

Any info would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you for your help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29