received market update

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I don't see what's different but it downloaded and said it was updating. What I have noticed is that's super speedy now,,.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I received this same update but it still didn't include the music section...

What is the hold up with them and this tab. Maybe they are just waiting for when they push ICS. Or are they even going to give us ICS. Doesn't seem so. They are more focused on the ton of other newer devices. Oh wait, they don't have it either lol.

mdye

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Apparently my "client is out-of-date" and will be "automatically updated shortly."

I have a bad feeling about this...

thejdj

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Apparently my "client is out-of-date" and will be "automatically updated shortly."

I have a bad feeling about this...
I had the same message last night when I touched the Market icon. Browsing to the market eventually started the update. I cannot see a difference.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
You can't buy apps?

Yea, seems to be some sort of weird blunder when my region is compared to device availability somewhere but Google has never responded. I'm in Puerto Rico and I can buy apps on my phone. If the app is compatible with the Galaxy Tab I can download it for it, but I can't buy it from the Tab itself. This leaves me unable to buy Honeycomb only apps. Fun thing is when I went to Paris for my vacation a few months ago I did buy a few Honeycomb apps over there.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Aren't you just classed as being in the US? Are you rooted?

Yea, seems to be some sort of weird blunder when my region is compared to device availability somewhere but Google has never responded. I'm in Puerto Rico and I can buy apps on my phone. If the app is compatible with the Galaxy Tab I can download it for it, but I can't buy it from the Tab itself. This leaves me unable to buy Honeycomb only apps. Fun thing is when I went to Paris for my vacation a few months ago I did buy a few Honeycomb apps over there.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
No rooting nor modifications of any sort. Unfortunately I never got to test it without Touchwiz so I'm not sure if it's related to Samsung or Google not updating some identification string or something after the Touchwiz update. The same happens to all my coworkers with Tabs.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
What is the hold up with them and this tab. Maybe they are just waiting for when they push ICS. Or are they even going to give us ICS. Doesn't seem so. They are more focused on the ton of other newer devices. Oh wait, they don't have it either lol.

Idk, but you would think that after Samsung has made 2 nexus phones they would be on the ball with the updates. I think I've read somewhere though that we'll get it "soon".... I hate that word btw

mdye

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok strange occurrance (not sure if this was supposed to happen, but it's pretty cool). I got sick of waiting for the update to come through (had something I wanted to install) so I went to the other thread on market updates and installed the latest version of the Market. The plan was to use it briefly to make my install and then uninxtall it and wait for the official Samsung update to come along eventually. Naturally it gave me 2 market icons and I used the new market to make my installs. While I had the new Market open, the Tab gave me an alert that it was updating the Market. My first thought was oh crap, this'll mess everything up. But when it was done, I'm left with just one Market app on my Tab - the most recent version, in fact. Trying not to think about it too much in case it goes away (when I go to manage apps it shows me as having 2 Markets installed but the system only recognizes one). Anyway it's nice to have a fully-working recent Market app. Finally.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the same message last night when I touched the Market icon. Browsing to the market eventually started the update. I cannot see a difference.

How long does it take to get the update? It's been 5minutes now and it still loading. Using DSL at 5mbs.
THX

wannabe1

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting on this market update for almost a week now! I can't seem to get it to begin the update and am starting to miss the market! Any ideas on how to expedite the update on my GT 10.1?

Thanks