Gtab 10.1 - battery life pretty amazing so far...

mgiusto

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
After a full day of usage and now onto second day, I am still on initial charge and at 20% left.

I got the Tab at the Best Buy - Union Square launch and used it a little that night then set it up to charge overnight and brought to work with me the next morning. Unhooked from charging at 6:30am yesterday morning and had a good deal of usage during the day yesterday showing to to co-workers and just putzing around with it here and there.

Last night at home while watching TV, I was checking out which phone apps I had either worked or didn't work and uninstalled those that are not needed on a tablet or didn't work well and just organized things plus did a lot of web browsing, listening to music and watching some youtube vids.

Around 12am I put it in sleep mode for the night. I was surprised to see this morning that it was at 34%, this was at 6:00am. To try to kill the battery down to zero so I could fully charge again, I played a 25 min video while I got ready for work, then on my way to work I opened up Maps for the drive. Now at 7:36am I am at 20%. Pretty amazing...

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, these Android tablets have pretty great battery life. My 3G XOOM had good battery life, too. I'm hoping it's something in Honeycomb and we'll see better battery life on our phones in Ice Cream Sandwich.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
That's very promising, because my Iconia didn't have all that great battery life.
Galaxy is said to get about 14 hours of constant use on a single charge. My Iconia was said to get about 6 or 7.

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I am so excited to hear that. I have an HTC EVO which definately can not keep up with the demands of a heavy user, so I have the massive 3500 Seido slapped in that badboy. I dont mind the width, but I still get sorta jealous when i see all the thinner phones that have better battery life.

Now i get to have an uber thin tab instead :)

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I am so excited to hear that. I have an HTC EVO which definately can not keep up with the demands of a heavy user, so I have the massive 3500 Seido slapped in that badboy. I dont mind the width, but I still get sorta jealous when i see all the thinner phones that have better battery life.

I feel you on the battery life. I have a 3500 Seido on my Incredible. I'm getting about the same battery life as those with thinner phones. When I had the thinner battery I was only getting about 6 hours of use because I consider myself a heavy user.

If this Samsung 10.1 works well for me, I may look into Samsung as my next Android phone because HTC Android phones have bad battery management. Sometimes I will bump charge to get more juice. I'm surprised HTC has not come out with a software update to address having to bump charge to receive a true 100% charge.

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I feel you on the battery life. I have a 3500 Seido on my Incredible. I'm getting about the same battery life as those with thinner phones. When I had the thinner battery I was only getting about 6 hours of use because I consider myself a heavy user.

If this Samsung 10.1 works well for me, I may look into Samsung as my next Android phone because HTC Android phones have bad battery management. Sometimes I will bump charge to get more juice. I'm surprised HTC has not come out with a software update to address having to bump charge to receive a true 100% charge.

I completely agree regarding HTC's Battery management , however thier build quality is just so SOLID. I am no entirely sue its all about one manufacter having bad batter life though... i mean look at the the new Nexus S 4g on Sprint, I heard thier battery BITES THE BIG ONE.. lol. Perhaps its just something within Honeycomb that they figured out how to suck less juice?

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

I would suggest rooting your Evo and load up CM7. Since I did that my battery has almost doubled.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest rooting your Evo and load up CM7. Since I did that my battery has almost doubled.

I had CM7 installed & it drained my battery even worse. I'm not sure if it's a particular 3rd party app that causes this. No one seems to know. Many have reported poor battery life, while others have reported good battery life. Perhaps it has problems adjusting to the 3500 battery. Who knows.
CM7 also does not work well with the contact widget for Go Launcher.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroharoo