Hate the update!!!! Can I go back ics?

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I lost tons stored app info to where the most basic games won't start now, stock email freezes, and it feels as if the screen ignores me half the time.

Is there a way to go back to 4.0?
Hurry. Pleasemi use for work

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There's the typical whiny update post. No update has ever happened without these posts right after. Detail your issues and what you've tried so people can attempt to help you. Just complaining has never turned into solutions.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I just want to go back to ICS

What is terrible about JB? It's got several improvements. Not every upgrade is going to be 100% what people want it to be, but if you don't upgrade, you may be missing out on apps that are exclusive to the current version. Plus, once the NEXT update comes out, you'll be 2 versions behind. No sense in that, really. If there's bugs, they'll be fixed if you complain to the right people.

Also, what tablet do you have, the Tab 2 10.1?

ducatti20

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having none of these issues... this update finally makes the tab operate like it should have the entire time...

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Add me to the list of wanting to go back to ICS. Upgraded a couple of weeks ago and see no major positive difference, only bad.

Battery life is absymal since the upgrade. As I posted in another thread, since the upgrade I can no longer use thumb drives greater than 4GB. I did finally get it to read "camera cards" through the USB adapter after doing 4 "factory resets" but it still will not read thumb drives greater than 4GB, and sometimes not even those. Prior to the JB update the tab would read any size thumb drive or camera card without issue. MicroSD card in slot reads with no issues at all.

Contacted Samsung Customer Support multiple times and they were not helpful at all. Just said to send it in and they would check it out but had never heard of that happening. There are people on another forum that have had this issue but have yet to find a workaround other than rolling back to ICS.

Ultimate question, if I follow the link to revert back to ICS, will this disable the upgrade features in the system and will I have to upgrade manually through a "rooted" upgrade. Right now I am just hesitant to rollback to 4.0.4 as I really don't want to brick the tablet. I can "get by" with the current limitations of using camera cards (SDHC cards) but just not real happy with Samsung and the lessened functionality of the tablet since the upgrade.

Sorry for my rant. Just have come to a conclusion that getting it back without a lot of work on my part is not going to happen. Just didn't see this coming with a supposed "upgrade".

I realize that this is my first post and some may flame me for it but I just haven't had any issues to post about since buying my Tab 2 in May of 2012 (2 Samsung Infuse phones - whole different issue - nothing but problems for my wife and I over the last 20 months) until now.

sewinglady

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I also have the device to use with my Tab 2 to read a USB. Yesterday I tried it out since I have also updated to Jelly Bean. My slot on the tablet on the external sd card the picture was actually deleted from the the usb. Thought it would just copy to the tab. Haven't checked yet but may be able to select then see if I can copy rather than drag and drop. Also am running a 32 GB sandisk micro card in my tablet. I have all my pictures, 4 full length videos, music, six digital magazine subscriptions, all with at least two years of pdf files and a couple that have four years or more of back issues. Still have almost 16 gb of unused space. As far as a camera card I would say then you would need the sd card reader that Samsung has available. There are ones similar available on Amazon.com. Just reread your last post and see that you now are able to read camera cards. Are they micro ones that you use the micro slot on the tablet to read or do you have the sd card reader that Samsung has available? One last question how did you update OTA or though Kies? I did mine through Kies and my husband his OTA. Neith one of us has had any issues.

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
sewinglady:

I have no problems with the microSD cards that are in the slot. They have always worked fine and still do. The SDHC "camera cards" are the full size (not micro) cards. I do have the SD card and the USB adapters (actually have 30 pin to USB adapters rather than the separate adapters that Samsung sells) for the 30 pin slot and have been using them since I bought the tablet in May of 2012 both for the SDHC camera cards and also for USB thumb drives. When we travel I use them to transfer daily pics from my camera to a "daily folder" and then make a backup copy to the USB thumb drive. I also used the thumb drives for Excel and Word files to use on the Tab.

Since I now cannot use the thumb drives, I will be using SDHC (or microSDHC with the appropriate slot adapter) cards as "thumb drives" for documents and backup storage. It will work OK, just a little more cumbersome to deal with using the reader, then plugging the reader into the USB adapter, not that big of a deal though. Might just start using the microSDHC cards in the camera as well but it is a pain to deal with the little cards sometimes, in & out of the slot multiple times to download, copy, backup and then back in. Just have to change the way I do things. Had the workflow all down and now I just have to change it up some the get the same results.

Did mine as an OTA. I try to avoid having KIES on my desktop computer as much as possible, extremely bloated software that keeps wanting to inject itself into the start menu no matter how many times you try to stop it with msconfig.

FWIW: When I plug in the 30 pin USB adapter with a thumb drive into the slot, the adapter will mount but the thumb drive will not show up as a drive and I do have the LOST.dir on the drives also. SDHC cards will mount and show up a drives but not thumb drives (several different sizes and brands of drives).

tl1

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I hate the update too. I have the 7" and dont see any quicklaunch under settings. What happened to wifi direct?. If I buy a tablet specifically for the screenshot "Samsungs selling point" then they take it away. Moving the back button that Ive automatically used for months , to the middle so I have to search. Like moving yhe space bar on a keypad... They can say its for SPEED all they want. Like I will notice speed while I have to use 3 different apps for screenshot that took 1 before.... etc....I now have a $30 phone that does everything I need this tablet for.

tl1

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
you don't have problems because you have the 10". They only totally messed up the 7 ". Samsung blames everything on Google. The wiser company that decided to take a few selling points off the Samsung. Good for Google.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer