My keyboard covers what I am typing in a text box

andy_e

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Wondered if anyone can help - If I am trying to reply to a post on a website forum, when I tap into the reply message box the keyboard comes up but as I type the webpage scrolls back to the top of the page to I can't see the textbox that I am typing in. Is this normal or am I missing something ?

Thanks for looking !

Andy

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Try one of the free keyboards in the playstore. Swiftkey can be resized

Also try the website/forum in "Desktop Mode" usually helps a lot

whoa its len 2

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
This happens to me as well. Sometimes touching the type box twice works. But other forums the page automatically scrolls back to the top no matter what making typing a blind task.

andy_e

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Bosbouer - I tried both of those options but no luck, thanks for the suggestions though.

Len - Glad it is not just me then, I'll try touching the box twice and see how i get on.

Thanks for the replies !

juntjoo

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm very tired of this along with having to search the web for everything annoying flaw in Google's products when they should have a one stop place to address their numerous problems that we all have to live with it seems. They should at least sell us a physical android punching bag, simply a blown up android doll we can punch like about every time we use our Google overtaken devices. So uh.. anyone have a better keyboard they can suggest? And evil mr Google if you're reading, right, you can go to hell if you're not already there in your throne giggling and googling at us struggling at your mercy.

ckbrown01

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me and I played around with it until I found a solution. Here it is:

I currently have the Samsung Galaxy 4. Not sure if the keyboard has changed on the S7.

Hold down the icon to the right of the "Sym" at the bottom of the keyboard (it looks kind of like a microphone). This brings up 7 more icons. Tap the last one on the right. (It looks like a keyboard). It should take you to the full keyboard where you can once again see your entire text you are typing. Going through this process again, will take you back to the smaller keyboard that covers up what you are typing. Just toggle back and forth to get what you want. Hope this helps anyone else in the future.

rapidroy2

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I want thank you all, ESPECIALLY ckbrown01, for validating my problem as others figured I was just dumb, and for a viable "Quick Fix"!

🎁💰

freedomconnie

Sep 6, 2019
Visit site
This kind of happened to me on my Motog6 cell. Reading your comments helped me, thanks. I pulled up the annoying floating keyboard, looked for mic type icon, saw tiny keyboard icon with line through it, touched it & keyboard returned to normal. I must have touched it before by mistake? Take it easy everyone!

Heavenhollywood

Jan 21, 2022
Visit site
I have a note 8 and I cant see what I am texting only in Instagram dm how would fix this. I dont have sym on my keyboard or that microphone to the bottom right

hkj324

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I found the fix for my LG Stylo 6. I have a toolbar at the top of my keyboard to access the clipboard easily. I clicked the down arrow next to the clipboard and it opens more features. One is called FLOATING. I clicked on that and my keyboard has returned to the lower part of my phone and I can see what Im typing again. How did I put it onto floating...Im not sure but typing and having the keyboard cover it FOR A YEAR has finally gotten to me enough to come here. I hope this fix works for you, also.

Last edited:

lacmac69

Nov 15, 2023
Visit site
I had the same issue on my Samsung z fold 4. I am using Samsung keyboard. For me,I solved the issue but going into samsung keyboard settings, mode,then change from floating keyboard to standard keyboard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87