So my tablet had few problems already first of all it use restart by itself and it wouldn't stay on even for 5 min so i called geek squad and told me that i should leave it off when not using it so it could charge properly since i would use my tablet when charging and wouldnt be completly charge everytime i would use it so i started leaving it off at night so it could charge completly and it worked ( they also told me to delete the cache since i mostly use the internet alot) it would help out. second when charging my tablet it would show the x thing in the battery bar thing saying it wasnt charging so i blew air in the tablet where u plug in the charger and it worked but i sometimes get the x even when doing it ( I USE THE ORIGINAL CHARGER FOR THE TABLET) and third of all now when i plug in my charger it says its charging but it doesn't really charge it stays in same percentage it was ex: i leave it charging at 5% at night turn it off leave it charging and in the morning turn it on and it would only be charged like 10% or sometimes i leave it on and it would do the same i don't know why it does that is it the charger or my tablet that doesn't work plz help.... (sorry for the mispelled words)
    10-27-2013 02:19 AM
    So my tablet had few problems already first of all it use restart by itself and it wouldn't stay on even for 5 min so i called geek squad and told me that i should leave it off when not using it so it could charge properly since i would use my tablet when charging and wouldnt be completly charge everytime i would use it so i started leaving it off at night so it could charge completly and it worked ( they also told me to delete the cache since i mostly use the internet alot) it would help out. second when charging my tablet it would show the x thing in the battery bar thing saying it wasnt charging so i blew air in the tablet where u plug in the charger and it worked but i sometimes get the x even when doing it ( I USE THE ORIGINAL CHARGER FOR THE TABLET) and third of all now when i plug in my charger it says its charging but it doesn't really charge it stays in same percentage it was ex: i leave it charging at 5% at night turn it off leave it charging and in the morning turn it on and it would only be charged like 10% or sometimes i leave it on and it would do the same i don't know why it does that is it the charger or my tablet that doesn't work plz help.... (sorry for the mispelled words)
    I would try ordering a new charging cable. It sounds like a pin is bad. Try this: Samsung USB Data Cable - Android Chargers & Cables
    10-27-2013 09:51 AM
    The same thing has happened to my tablet too I let it charge and a ''X '' appears on the battery sign and does not charge. Yesterday I tried to charge it and it did work. What I did was stretch the wire a little until it said it ''charging''. It got to charge it and said 40%. Then I was going to sleep so I uncharged it. When I woke up the next day it said it only had 9%. I think its all the chargers that don't work. Hope this helps you...
    11-12-2013 07:32 PM
    Try performing a power reset. Hold the power button for 30 seconds without it being plugged in. Then place your Tab on a home charger for a couple minutes. After a couple minutes, press the power button again for 30 seconds with the charger plugged in. You can also try the suggestions given here: Galaxy Tab 2 Help
    elliegantperidot and longie74 like this.
    02-01-2014 11:48 PM
    Most of the time, it seems most people find it is a bad cable (not the tab or the charger). If you only have 1 cable, you'll want to buy another. There a several cheap ones online. I think I picked up 3 for $5 The build quality is cheap (seems weaker), but they all work OK.
    02-09-2014 12:23 PM
    Try going to Task Manager, clear Ram and then plugin the charger and try again. This has worked for me but not all of the time
    03-12-2014 03:12 AM
    thanks.... hold the power button for seconds worked for me.... before it was just lighting up to one blue bar
    nicewave likes this.
    04-08-2014 09:32 PM
    this worked for me
    04-08-2014 09:33 PM
    My Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 stopped charging today. As all the battery was drawn out so when I plugged for recharge it was continuously rebooting after showing one bar of battery. I was using the original cable that came with the tab few years back. I checked this thread and it appeared that the cable is bad and most of the people fixed it by changing the cable. So I decided to attempt cable clean up for any dust inside. I took my regular aftershave lotion and rinsed both sides (connector and USB) in the lotion. Then I used air pressure to dry it out. I reconnected after few hours and it worked just as new and my tab is now charging.
    07-31-2014 02:49 AM
    the problem is you adapter get on that gives out at least 5 volts and 1 amp.
    07-30-2016 06:57 PM